29

The next morning ; (Y/N)s pov

I woke up late the next morning, and I felt like I was buzzing. I slowly lifted my head from the pillow and saw Loki sitting up in the bed reading, and some food on his lap. I moved myself closer to him and he moved one of his arms to wrap around my back.
"Good morning, my love." He said quietly. I groaned and mumbled a good morning into his side. He smiled down at me. "Are you feeling any better?"
I shook my head and slowly sat up. "Gods, what did I drink..?"
He went back to his book. "Eggnog?"
"Just eggnog?"
He chuckled. "Spiked eggnog."
I laid back down. "How much?"
"No idea. You went off on your own for most of the party and only found me when you got drunk."
I brushed my hair out of my face. "Sorry..."
"What are you sorry for?"
"I only needed you when I couldn't walk straight."
He shrugged and motioned to the plate. "Would you like some?"
"Yes. Please." I sat up a little too quickly and my head throbbed. I fell back down slightly. I groaned loudly and rubbed my eyes. Loki looked over at me.
"What's wrong?"
I hummed. "Head. Death. Take me."
"You can't die from a hangover my dear."
"I'd like to be the first."
"I will not permit your death."
I slowly stood myself back up and took a few grapes off the plate. "I permit my own death." I mumbled.
We ate in silence for a long time and I looked up at Loki. "Hey Mr. Healer. Heal me."
He rolled his eyes. "What if I said no?"
I glared at him. "You never say no. Especially not to me." I leaned my head against his shoulder. "My head..."
He looked down at me. "Is it really that bad?"
I stared up at him. "Please...?"
He smiled at me and placed his hand on my head and my head slowly stopped throbbing. He kept his hand there for a second and frowned. "I think you might be coming down with something darling. You're getting warm again."
I gawked at him. "Again?!"
"It might just be the hangover."
I scoffed. "It better be. I can't go through that again."

A few days later

Thankfully, I was not sick and the fever went away after about an hour. I sat on the couch across from Loki drawing in my still semi-new sketchbook. He was silently reading and I looked up from my drawing ever so often so I could use him as a reference. He eyed me over the book and brought it down.
"Are you planning on staring at me all evening?"
I waved my hand at him. "No no no, go back to reading, I'm not even here."
He rolled his eyes at me and went back to his book. I continued drawing him and crossed my legs under myself. It took around another hour of sitting in silence, but I signed the drawing, closed the book, and crawled over to Loki. He looked down at me.
"Are you done?"
I nodded. "Whatcha reading?"
"Poems by a man named Shakespeare."
I leaned myself into his shoulder. "You should read me some."
He chuckled and poked my side. "Show me what you drew first."
I laughed. "I'm not showing you the drawing. It turned out bad."
"I doubt that. Nothing you made could be bad."
I narrowed my eyes on him. "That's a debatable statement."
He reached around me and I quickly grabbed the sketchbook as he tried to yank it from me. I fell backwards and he crawled on top of me. I turned into a cat and picked up the book in my mouth before running off. Loki turned into a dog and I slid under the couch. He shoved his head under and stared at me as I crawled back towards the wall. He growled and I hissed back. I crawled out on the opposite side and turned back into a human. I picked up my drawings and looked at the front of the couch where Loki pushed his paws on the floor and they slid out from under him. He whimpered and I walked over.
I knelt down next to him. "Aww poor puppy. Did you get yourself stuck?"
He whimpered and pushed on the couch again. He turned back into a human slowly, but his head was still stuck under the couch. It wasn't hurting him, but I sat on it so he couldn't lift it off of himself.
He sighed. "Love?" I stayed quiet. "Darling please..."
I hummed. "Please what?"
"Please help me."
I flipped through the sketchbook. "I think you're missing something."
He sighed loudly and tried to get the couch off him but could barely lift it since he was on his stomach. He huffed. "I'm sorry for trying to steal your book."
I smiled. "There it is." I hopped off the couch and lifted up the side of it so he could crawl out. He glared at me as he stood up and I smirked at him. He got slightly closer and I wrapped my arms around him. His arms snaked around me and he kissed me. I felt him start snickering against me and I pulled away. I glared at him as he held up my sketchbook.
I groaned loudly and he flipped through it and found the drawing of himself. He examined the drawing and smiled softly. He looked over the top. "You didn't want me to see this?"
"Okay, it's not THAT good."
He turned the book around for me to see. "That's what you call 'not that good?'"
I looked at it. "The hair isn't perfect, that leg is longer than the other one, the hand—"
"They look perfect to me."
"Well you can have it if you love it so much."
Tony peeked into the room. "Hey, you two. Suit up. We've got yet another demon attacking down on 5th street."
Soon we were walking down the street. I couldn't brush the feeling that this was getting repetitive. I looked up at Loki. "Lokes?" He hummed and I sighed. "We have gone on so many of these battles. Don't they seem a little...familiar?"
"How so?"
"Well...it feels like I've dealt with these creatures before. Like, before Earth, and I can't shake the feeling but it seems like they're getting stronger. And there's more of them."
He nodded slowly. "There does seem to be more of them as we go on. But there also hasn't been an attack in awhile."
"Yeah...that's what worries me. Most of them die, but we have those few at the tower...and what if they are getting stronger as we kill more?"
Loki thought for a second. "That could be true."
Tony looked back at us. "Eyes open. We're coming upon him."
We turned the corner and came upon a large group of the demons. I unsheathed my sword and suddenly heard a voice.
"Lower your weapons!" I kept my sword held up but my stern face faltered slightly. But I saw him. Walking towards me. He scoffed. "Your highness..."
I lowered my sword. "Blaze..." I breathed. He stared back at me and I pointed the sword at him. "What the fuck are you doing here?!"
He pointed his sword back at me. "And what about you?!"
I scoffed. "What about me?"
"Last I checked, you were dead!"
"Since when have I been dead?"
"Since you've been gone for almost a year!"
"You wouldn't believe me if I said I got stuck here, would you?"
He laughed. "You're kidding, right? You abandon the country, abandon me, Sequoia went to find you, we haven't heard from her in months."
"Oh, so you're worried about Sequoia now? Because she's right here..."
I pointed my sword at Sequoia and she scoffed. "Don't bring me into this..."
Blaze shook his head. "So that's it then? You two came to live out some fantasy here where you can live on Midgard and not care about the country you were born to take care of and rule?"
I shook my head and turned back to my friends. "Attack them. Kill them. Force them to leave."
The avengers charged towards the creatures and I killed a few of them. A few of the demons were captured, and the rest were either killed or retreated. Blaze left without another word to me.