[2] MEETING HIS HIGHNESS

Dubai, UAE
Ramadan [Day Zero]

After many markings on Zarah's table calendar, the day she was anticipating came. Everything has already been sorted for her, all she needed was to get along with Uthman. Initially, Uthman opposed the notion of her bringing her daughter along, and his disapproval persisted as they drove from the airport, with a frown plastered on his face.

As the black Lamborghini sped on the black asphalt Zarah glared at the wonderful city with much awe,  Safeenah, who sat in-between Zarah and Uthman also couldn't stop exclaiming at everything that caught her attention.

Uthman groaned, shaking his head and tutting rhythmically. "For Allah's sake, why did you take her with you? You've got no relatives, an aunt probably?" He inquired, facing Zarah. She simply frowned at him and he keep mute. "Zayed make a right turn when you get to the celavi 's junction." Uthman added, dominantly.

"Where are we going, I thought I was to meet the Prince today?" Zarah inquired.

"No!" Uthman snapped.

Safeenah scoffed, "Wallah ummi, you're right, this man is badman." She commented, frowning at Uthman, "you have to be nice to mum, or else I'll kick you hard." Safeenah warned with a determined grin.

"How old are you again?" Uthman asked, surprised. "You're so chatty, yalla."

 "I won't tell you," she declined, sticking her tongue at him.

"Okay." Uthman said with an irritated stare.

Suddenly, the car abruptly stopped, parking in front of a large clothing store. There stood a spacious clothing emporium with sleek glass walls, showcasing the latest fashion trends. The name "Ameerah" is elegantly emblazoned in bold, metallic lettering, commanding attention and setting the tone for the luxurious shopping experience that awaits within. The entrance is framed by polished chrome accents, drawing visitors into a realm of opulence and refinement.

"Ha.. here we are; Ameerah's collection." Uthman exclaimed, looking up at the glamorous mall.

Safeenah and Zarah both stepped down from the vehicle to gain proper view of the beauty. "Allahumabarik!" Both mother and daughter exclaimed in excitement.

"Wow, Ummi that is one big of a shop, they've got amazing clothes and people who just stand there and do nothing." Safeenah said, pointing at the mannequins cluelessly, thinking they are actual human.

Uthman couldn't hide his laughter, a chuckle broke out. "You gonna change your clothes here, the Prince has his own protocols." Uthman added,  clearing his throat. "Shall we go in?" He inquired, not waiting for a response before dashing in, "and please—" he turned at Safeenah, "—don't touch the people who just stands and do nothing." With these said, he couldn't hide his laughter, he babbled all the way in.

"Why is he laughing at me ummi, you're also laughing?" She whined.

Zarah faked a serious face, "Haywan, those are mannequins." She explained with a giggle.

"Manne-what?"

Zarah slapped her head disappointedly, "just think of them as big dolls."

"They are dolls?"

"Yeah." She affirmed as they both stepped inside.

Stepping through the glass doors, they were greeted by a symphony of colors and textures, meticulously curated to captivate the senses. The expansive interior is bathed in soft, ambient lighting, casting a warm glow upon the rows of sophisticated design garments and designer accessories that line the impeccably arranged displays.