THE MILK SELLER, THE WOMAN AND THE KING

21

Yasmin realized bribing little Safeenah wouldn't do her no good so she skipped the bribing part to the yelling—cursing part."Who are you? Open the goddamn door!" Yasmin cursed loudly.

"I said I'm your worst nightmare, don't you dare mess with anybody again!" Safeenah banged her tiny fist against the door frame.

The door to the VIP restroom opened and Safeenah froze in space—she was shuddering; realizing she was now in trouble. The worst part is that, when they know she's Zarah's daughter, she will face the consequences.

"See.. You should have accepted my offer." Yasmin sounded relieved. Scared Safeenah was about to toss Yasmin's cloth but someone stopped her from the door entrance.

"—I see you care a lot." The voice call from the entrance.

Scared Safeenah froze in one place and say silent dua; praying the man could just leave. She summoned her courage and turned to look at the intruder and it was the Prince.

The fright on Safeenah's face broke into a smile. "Uncle Ali!" Safeenah exclaimed happily; she ran towards him and gave him a hug.

"I'm not Ali and what are you doing here?"

"But uncle Ali you promise I could call you Ali; besides I don't like your other name." Safeenah whined,

"You're one smart kid but what's wrong with my other nam-" Yasmin's yelling cut him short.

"Hello... Somebody. Get me out of here! My clothes are with that girl!"

Safeenah smiled awkwardly before hiding Yasmin's dress behind her.

"—Is that not Lady Yasmin?" He whispered.

"Yeah.. She did the same thing to my ummi... I thought this is the only way to get to her."

Abubakar shook his in negativity. "Little Safeenah, even when we are offended in live; we must learn to forgive. This kinda reminds me of an old tale."

"Yay, story! Story! Story!" Safeenah clapped cheerfully while Yasmin kept banging the door.

He started. "—It's the tale of the milk seller, the woman and the king: long time ago—in the deepest part of the Sahara desert; the Bedouin part to be precise. In a small village called falafel-"

Safeenah cut him short. "Wait! Your tale is confusing; falafel is a name for a snack."

"—Yeah... True it is but also the village's name. So; king Abu-Zhar is the ruler of falafel kingdom—he has his own rules for the kingdom. 'Never cheat and don't play with salah'"

"That rules are simple! I always pray my five daily prayers." Safeenah said and Abubakar smiled before he continue,

He continued as Yasmin kept banging the door. "—That's great, but let's get to the tale; there was one widower who has twelve children to feed. Plus he is a poor milk seller. He sells milk in market everyday in order to raise twelve children. On a faithful —unfortunate day, the milk seller travelled to Labanun to get two gallons of milk."

"Labanun? It means milk in Arabic. I like that village."

He smiled and Yasmin sighed.

"Tale teller, open up."

"—Yeah... It means milk. After he had bought the two gallons of milk; he set on his journey back home. On his way, he was attacked by angry hyenas. The hyenas found a way to achieve one gallon for themselves."