BREAD 'N' PEANUT BUTTER

4           

Ramadan, day 1

"It wasn't you. I was talking to my friend." Zarah defended her self as she runs after the prince.

"So my turban make my brain decrease?" Prince Abubakar asked.

"Prince wait up!" Zarah said and the prince unexpectedly wait, he was about to turn; Zarah was walking fast. They bumped into each other.

"Rule Two! Four feet."  prince Abubakar snickered.

"I am so sorry." Zarah apologized as she took four footsteps backwards.

"Rule forty five." Abubakar smirked angrily.

"You can't be treating me like this, I'm not your slave, I am your language translator. I deserve some respect." Zarah summoned the courage to talk back.

"So you wanna give me rules? Wait and see, I'll  make your life miserable." Prince Abubakar said with an evil grin. Abubakar was so furious, he was walking away faster than usual. Zarah was devastated, what was she doing? 

Challenging a billionaire and also the Prince? She wasn't ready to be stuck in an everlasting feud with the prince.
"Fazza!" Zarah called,

"I'm not Fazza, my dad is Fazza!" Abubakar shot back angrily as he walked back to Zarah. Zarah gulped her saliva as Abubakar leaned closer to her. Zarah scanned him, Prince Abubakar moved closer again. He tilted his waist and his lips were so close to Zarah's ears. Zarah could feel the warm and minty breath coming from the Prince's nostrils. His breath was as refreshing as his face.

"Never lock eyes with me, ever in your life!" Abubakar warned and he walked away angrily.

What is wrong with him?

Zarah stood there dumbfounded, she wasn't sure what this weird feeling was, is it love or lust? She don't want to be engage in any sort of fornication—she have to keep the devil at bay.

Why was her heart thumping anytime the Prince walked close to her.

"Oh Allah, ease my pain." Zarah prayed as she sighed heavily.

Its normal, right?

• • • •

Sound of elevator arriving to it's destination was heard. A stressed and fatigued looking lady came out of the elevator to the foyer, her hijab was unkept and ruined. She unlocked the door to room 36. She was perplexed with the degree of neatness the room acquired. Zarah was tired, she didn't even take off her shoe, she walked inside and went down on the super bouncy couch. The door opened again. Safeenah and Dale walked inside the room.

"And she said where is the broom, and I said do we even have one?" Safeenah said and Dale laugh out loud, it seems Safeenah has been telling Dale her mother's tales.

 "Mrs Rahman," Dale said as he noticed her, Safeenah jumped on the couch and hugged her mother.

"You looked stressed Ummi," Safeenah noticed her mother's tired face.

"The castle is just too big for me, I don't think I'll pass." Zarah said and Dale walked out. His job was done for today, plus the situation was a personal one.

"Did Prince Abubakar said something bad to you." Safeenah said like a shaman.

"Nope, not him."

Zarah said as she brought out the big rule book and started reading it, she haven't finish a page before sleep took control of her body. Safeenah took the book and covered her mother with the pure white quilt. She adjusted her mother's head and placed a throw pillow underneath it.