FAMILY STAYS TOGETHER

11

Day seven, Ramadan.

Zarah's p.o.v

Sincerely speaking, I can't cook any of those dishes I mentioned earlier. My mother never get the chance to teach me.

That's why I always give my daughter takeouts. 

I have been googling the recipe to stuffed camel and Kuzhi. The video I watched about; how to make 10 minutes Kuzhi—the narrator touched her heart saying: the recipe of Kuzhi is in here.

It will be professional to imitate that youtuber.

Prince Abubakar won't have a clue that i can't cook. Wait? he asked me something. 'do you like me? ' or am I just hearing things, don't be silly Zarah.

You're hearing things.

Why is he staring at me, its making me uncomfortable. He's not even paying attention to what I'm teaching.

"Astagfurullah." He muttered, why did he seek for forgiveness? Well that none of my business.

The oven alarm went off but suddenly the door burst open. I knew her from somewhere, oh my God, I can't believe my eye—she is @Yasee_Futtaim, she have a million of followers in Instagram and her blog. She's got so many subscribers.

I love her, she is like my idol.

"And, who are you?" she asked in a unceremonious tone.

Look at me talking to the eminent blogger and Instagram influencer,many crazy things are happening to me.

"I AM THE NEW...."  I stuttered as she cut me short.

"Prostitute."

Subhanallah, what did she just called me? Abubakar seems to be enjoying the show. He just sat on the counter and kept chuckling.

"Yasmin, she is my new cooking tycoon and we are in the middle of a class!" he said with laughter in between each phrases. Was he mocking me? He's kinda confusing.

The air was getting heavier, it was hard for me to breathe, what is going on.

"That thing was staring at you lustfully!" My idol said, I can't believe she just call me a thing. I thought she was nice because she seems to be on her blog.

"So this is the real Yasee, I thought she'd be a little bit nicer and have good charisma. I didn't know she is a beast in human clothing!" I said frankly again summoning the undying courage in me—yes I was angry.

She called me a prostitute, I wasn't a kerb crawler. And now, a thing? Things just got personal.