JACK MEETS JILL

18

Day twelve, Ramadan

(Day three—charity foundation)

She was burning with jealousy in a dark corner—arm crossed. She stared at the Prince and Yasmin, playing—cuddling each other's chubby cheeks. For Yasmin; bony cheeks. Zarah was somehow jealous even when she knew it's so silly to get jealous. Beside, they might be fiancée.

She brought out her phone and clicked on the Spotify app icon, and played a nasheed. Trying to insert her earphone in the earphone port.

Humood Al khudher's biggest hit 'Aseer Ahsan' was playing from her phone.

Uthman tapped Zarah from behind. "Is that not Humood's song? I love his songs. I mean he sings inside ones' soul."

"Thank you!" Zarah said trying to hide her anger—she glared at the Prince again and she scoffed.

"Zarah Fateema, what's wrong?" Uthman asked as he noticed Zarah's sad face.

"Everything is wrong, this life, it just unjust; why is it that I keep falling in love with the one that will hurt me, why is it-" Uthman cut her short by putting his finger on her lips.

"Ssh, don't say anything anymore. How sure are you that person will hurt you?" Uthman asked, squeezing his face.

"Did I just tell a stranger my secret?" Zarah smiled awkwardly.

"Nope, you just told a friend." Uthman said. "—Go there and cook like your life depends on it, you are the choice those orphans got!" Uthman added, pumping his fist in the air.

"Saying that make me feel like a cook!" Zarah frowned.

"You're one cook." Uthman said and smiled, Zarah smiled in return.

"Thank you. Friends?" Zarah asked ready to bury the hatchet and focus on the present.

"Friends!" Uthman yelled as his heart was pumping. Happy Zarah finally forgive him.

* * * *

The male workers moved to the masjid to perform Salah Asr—noon prayer. Five minutes later, some male were done while the female perform theirs in the praying yard for females.

Zarah was already at the cooking spot after salah, but there is a problem; they've run out of water. She weakly grabbed a metallic bucket. She was weak and thirsty—waiting for the adhan to be called.

Three hours left.

But it's Ramadan, she had to wait for sunset. She walked down to the tap holding a bucket, weakly. She turned  the tap opening with a gentle bismillah and water gushes out; as the water gushed out of the tap end, she felt at ease, that sound was familiar. The sound made her remember the day Yusuf and her went for a picnic at the waterfalls. It was so romantic, sure she had her fairytale husband but it was not complete, he was an alcoholic.

She don't want Safeenah's future to be ruined.

The water was overflowing now, the sprinkling of the water made her come back to life. She carried the bucket but she was weak—she lost control and she fell in a lichen formed by algae and fungi, it was disgusting.

The bucket kept rolling and suddenly someone picked it up. That someone was Abubakar. Zarah stared at him, she wanted averting her gaze, but he was irresistibly handsome, he might be ruthless but this side of him was perfect.

"Will you hold my hands?" Abubakar asked awkwardly as he had been hanging his hand in the air for a long time.

"It not right, we are fasting." Zarah protested, but some part of her wanted to take that hand badly. 

"I think there is nothing wrong—I wanna help you up. Its slippery. Just want to help, i-it not like I like you!" Abubakar explained and Zarah's heart shattered; why did he placed his finger on her lips yesterday if he didn't like her? Why was he so sweet?

Zarah took his hand, wanting to make him realize she don't love him as well.
But it was a lie, as Zarah held his hand; tiny sparks gathered inside her head and the air seized from blowing. He grabbed her and due to the viscosity of the lichen, Zarah slipped and fell on him. She held his muscles tightly for support and she blushed.

Zarah held Prince Abubakar's muscles, her head was on his hard as rock broad chest, she could hear his heart beating fast. Why was his heart beating faster than usual? Adrenaline gushes through his spine, hormones rushes too, his heart pumped much blood than before, he loose his balance and they both crashed inside the lichen.

Abubakar was on Zarah staring deeply into her soul. 'Jack and Jill' was the only metaphor that could be given to them, but in this case it's different.

"I'm sorry!" Zarah said, apologetic. She stood up and run away in shame, she was abashed, Abubakar sit in the lichen and smiled to himself.

These two are inseparable, they are like bread and peanut butter, Pizza and ice-cream, mehalbiya and samosas.
Zarah quickly rushed inside the public toilet for male by mistake; she quickly undress. She's got mud and algae all over, she applied water on her cheeks to make it normal because she was red as tomato.

Her heart felt like it was shrinking, not this episode again! She is claustrophobic, and the male's toilet is tight, it had no space, she was breathing heavily.

Suddenly she heard voices coming from the other side, talking about gross stuffs, she decided to peep through the tiny hole, her worst mistake, she peeped and saw half naked males with large abs.

"Allah please accept my ibadah today." She prayed, as she thought her fasting was a vague one today.

A gentle knock could be heard.

"Go away!" She said, trying to sound manly.

"Oh stop it, you rat." The person on the other side of the toilet said. She couldn't picture the person's face but the voice sound familiar.

"What do you want? You've mistaken me for someone else." She said again in her manliest voice ever.

Suddenly that person grabbed Zarah's veil and niqab which she hung on the toilet's door.

"Let see how your pride will be save now, if almost half of the workers see you half naked, they'll see your curves and your shiny skins. You see.... I am curious what your curve will look like, wait till Abubakar see you like this!" The other person said and walked away with her clothes. Only one person could called the Prince by his name.

That person is Yasmin!

"Yasmin I beg of you, give it back!" She yelled in tears, she was in excruciating pain. Her chest was pressed, she felt like she'll die in any moment. Her eyes was beginning to shut close, like she was injected with a tranquilizer.

She fell on the toilet as passed out.

Author's note

Salaam y'all. Thanks for reading this romantic chapter. Tbh, I love the new edited part. I made it more matured; I guess?

Let's hope Zarah won't die!