THINGS THAT AIN'T MEANT TO BE

25

(Day five, charity foundation)

Yusuf 's p.o.v

"Zarah? Is that you?" I managed to get these words out of my dry lips, I felt slight pain on my lips. I licked my plump lips to relieve the pain, Zarah noticed me and quickly covered her face, what was the point?

I can't believe I have been cooking with my ex wife, I knew something about her was similar; she caught that lemon juice I threw perfectly, only Zarah could do that. You see, I always save up money for vacation and around the world tour, we always visited the football game, and we played a lot. I knew it wasn't a lucky guess, My Zarah loved lemonade, and she can't cook—once we wanna make a strawberry and blueberry syrup, she did the same thing she did earlier.

I was such a fool, I should have recognized her.

"Mr. Yusuf, you shouldn't be in the female's restroom," she said, why was she still lying?

"Zarah why did you?" I said weakly, I was vulnerable, I must have hurt her a lot. "Zarah I'm sorry," I paused, why was I sorry, for the pain I caused her four years earlier or for making her raise our daughter alone.

"I tried calling you, but it never went through." I finally said as my blurred vision cleared as river of tears flowed down my cheeks.

"You're sorry? Stop being pathetic." Zarah said and it actually broke my heart, "you're sorry for making me raise a child alone or sorry for accusing me of infidelity?" She added.

She was opening up with me and that was a good sign, but the grounds of infidelity? Did I? Oh yeah I did, I called our daughter a 'bastard'.

"I swear I'm change now, please Zarah give me another chance!" I said as if she would give me one.

Zarah scoffed and she shook her head in disapproval. "You've broke our trust, our marriage, you never looked for me. I saw you with another lady, how did it go, where is she?" Zarah asked me.

I thought she would never know, I never knew she knows. I tried marrying another wife, but my past haunted me badly, that I couldn't move on. I let go of the other wife.

"Zarah I'm sorry, please!" I cried out, thinking apology was the only solution.

"No, Yusuf, I can't break my heart once again, I've moved on." She said faking a smile, I missed her smile—that smile, only if I could turn back time rewind.

"Thank you Mr. Yusuf, bye for now." Zarah said in tears and walked out of the restroom. I was standing awkwardly in the female's restroom, we've got quite some crowd, they stared at me with pitiful eyes.

Allah, I can't explain what I'm feeling, my heart is in pain, I mean real pain, my eyes filled with tears, it rolled down my cheeks. What have I done, to deserve this cruel judgment, Why is my past haunting me? I felt alone even though I've got thousands of fans, I felt poor even though I am on the top ten list of the richest bachelor in China.

I stared at our ring, tears showered my fingers, uncontrollable sobs came out of my vulnerable lips, I cried out loud, everyone could hear me. I cried like a toddler who just lost his candy. Yeah I lost mine, treasures are of different kind, mine was Zarah.

Zarah made my life perfect, she sometimes was a fussy perfectionist, but she is the best lady on earth,religious, knowledgeable and beautiful. I bit my lower lips as I remembered all her qualities to prevent sob from coming out, but it led out a wailing—a embarrassing wailing sound , I was in agonizing pain, even though I was a straight A student in English at highschool, I couldn't find the perfect word for my weird predicament.

I led out my last yell as I passed out on the semi glossed, partially covered with mud and dirt floor of the rest room—or just shut down, I wished Zarah could wake me up.

* * *

She was serving the people with a broken heart, she can't deny it, she was still in love with her spouse, every memories about him was perfect, she love the Chinese big shot chef; just the chef. Prince Abubakar walked down to her.

"Salaamualaykum!" Prince Abubakar said in a grumpy manner.

"Wa.. Wa alaykum salaam." She stuttered and her voice was shaking, she had been crying.

"Fazza said you'll resume your work as my translator, the French men may come back." Abubakar said and Zarah excused her self as she ran away towards the wild flowers section. Zarah was filled with emotions and couldn't hold it in anymore—everything just seemed to be wrong. Abubakar was confused, did he do or say something that hurt her in any way?

She sat on the black pavement, wallowing in her own misfortune, her ballad was sort of happening to her, her world had completely shattered, she felt someone's shadow standing in front of her. She looked up and saw the Prince, standing In front of her, his turban was not tied on his head, his hair was flowing free due to the effect of the air, flowing perfectly like it only does in cartoon movies.

"I wasn't meddling, but as your boss, It's my duty to be concerned about my worker's health!" Prince Abubakar started frankly. He sat near Zarah as she kept quiet and stared at him, she wanted standing up and run away but her legs we're numb, her leg didn't follow the order given by her brain, it followed the heart instead.

"I should be the one getting angry, not you, you accused me!" Prince Abubakar said and again Zarah was quiet, "you don't wanna talk, don't worry, I won't bother you again. And what I said earlier, forget it ever happened!" He said and he stood up, he turned to walk away, but he heard a voice filled with melody and pain.

"Wait!"

Abubakar turned and he smirked, he walked towards Zarah and he took his seat again, "it okay to cry, crying doesn't make you a loser, it means you are strong, you shouldn't let any disappointment in life weight you down, always have in mind Allah has great plans for you." Prince Abubakar said motivationally.

"Why are you so smart?" Zarah led out these words, the word her heart ordered her to say.

"Because I am the icy cold prince, I won tons of medal, I won the championship cup in the Dubai polo tournament, so I am smart." Abubakar bragged, "really, you should always appreciate your lord's gift." He added frankly, "let's do this. Close your eyes and imagine a waterfall right in front of you!" Prince Abubakar said.

"Oh... Kay I'll try!" Zarah said in disbelief, "Feel the imaginary water falling on your head,"

"It's... Kinda working, how did you?" Zarah asked as she felt the ease she was dying to feel.

"There is a smooth rock close to your head, gently rest your head on it."  Abubakar added.

Zarah rested her head on Abubakar's shoulder, "like this?"

"Yes, like that!" Prince Abubakar said with a smile, his heart melted—why was he feeling this way? What was this tingling feeling he felt inside the pit of his stomach? He could feel her tears staining his robe. Alas Zarah had a shoulder to cry on.

Author's note

I'm sorry to stop by, please don't forget to vote and comment down your thoughts.

I'm sorry if some things were confusing; I'll explain them. If the words are in italics it means thought, or someone's point of view. Examples;

Zarah's p.o.v, there Zarah is gonna narrate how everything happened on her own view.

I hope it's clear now.