THE AFTER PARTY

26

Day seventeen; Ramadan.

(Last day, charity foundation.)

'Whoa' and 'awesome' was the only word that could best described Zarah's outfit, from her shinning glittering Niqab to her overflowing yellow prom gown—having yellow waist bead. She looked just majestic.  Safeenah looked like little Miss Dubai, Dale Yahaya was also waiting at the hotel entrance door to take them, watermelon seeds were stuck on Safeenah's lips.

"Uncle Dale how do I look?" Safeenah screamed in a very high pitched manner as she opened the Tesla's door.

"You're one in a melon!" Dale said due to the seeds on Safeenah's lips. Safeenah made a silly face at Dale.

"Ready to go Mrs Rahman, you look stunning as always!" Dale admired as he opened the door to the car,

"Shukran Dale!" Zarah thanked him with a slight blush.

The car was out of oxygen, the only smell which could be perceived waas the manly, musky and sharp cologne Safeenah applied, "You shouldn't have apply that much, it is suffocating." Zarah complained as she whine the car window down.

"Hasif ummi." She said as she sniffed her dress, and she was like, huh?

It was an hour ride to celavi, the night view of the city was always the best view ever seen, the flickering yellow lights, lemme just say, Dubai is a city for sight seeing.

Safeenah loved the view, who wouldn't? What she loved most was the red carpet at the entrance of celavi, the car pulled over and Dale opened the door for Zarah's like she was a royal.

"After you mi lady!" Dale said romantically. (: wait what is he doing?

Safeenah held her mother's hand and she grabbed her mother's sapphire bracelet. A man in his mid forties walked down to them. "You're here madam, you must be chef Zarah, the other chefs are in the VIP zone, I'll take you there." The man who looked like the manager of celavi said.

He looked at safeenah and he smiled at her, "and there is also a kiddies virtual world for you darling, you gonna love it!" The manager said enthusiastically as he lead Safeenah to the kiddies virtual world.

Zarah was so happy, it was like everything was not real, it was like up is down and east is west, it was like iron man never died and squid game was a harmless Korean children's game, she don't know what to believe, she Zarah the royal cook, now elevated to something new, something better. She was now addressed as 'madam', 'ma'am' and chef Zarah.

She walked in the VIP zone, it was so perfect, there they were; Prince Abubakar, the exchange chefs, the charity sponsors and Fazza.

"Mrs Rahman, wow you look chic!" Dave complemented, as he sipped the expensive wine in front of him.

"Whoa, Mrs. Zarah you look Masha Allah!" Uthman admired,

"Mr. Yusuf, what were you doing in the female restroom yesterday, I heard what happened." Maryam tried to ring what happened yesterday up.

"It was a misunderstanding," Yusuf said, but his voice said otherwise.

Zarah respectfully and silently sat near Yusuf as her heart was pounding. "Here is our order menu sir!" The waiter said as he brought out two black books and he handed it to Yusuf.

"We will take calamari rings and some hot sauce!" Yusuf ordered as the waiter wrote in the order book.

Zarah looked at Yusuf askance. "Why do you think I'll eat calamari? Stop acting like a betwixt."

Yusuf glanced at Maryam and Dave and could read the confusion on their faces. "I'm sorry, I thought you'll like it,"

Zarah cut him short, "stop please Mr. Yusuf, I don't eat calamari rings, I'll take the crab legs and fries please!" Zarah said, showing she was chafed and fed up. Maryam and Dave gave them an unknowing look, but Maryam knew little. Yusuf was heartbroken by Zarah's word. Beads of tears fell down from his eye lashes, he wiped it off with his perfect white handkerchief, before anyone could notice his tears, it would be more awkward.

"I'm sorry.." Yusuf said as he noticed the awkward look on Dave and Maryam faces.

Uthman was more confuse, "stop acting like you knew Zarah, we all know," Zarah cut him short, "let it go."

After some minute, the foods were served and they all started munching their mouth watering foods, the Fazza walked down to them.

"Salaam, I really appreciate what you've done, especially you, Mrs Rahman, you are the queen of today's event, your husband is the luckiest man on earth to have you." Fazza said to them, most especially, Zarah, with a big smile.

"Awwn, really? Zarah you're amazing " Maryam admired her. Yusuf couldn't control his emotions, he excused himself and walked out of the VIP zone.

"Shukran lakha Sheik!" Zarah thanked the sheik and continue eating. Suddenly a familiar intoxicating voice took over the speakers system, it was the Prince, he was singing Humood Al Kudheer's nasheed, 'Lug'hat alam' with his melodious and perfect voice, the audience all listened.

"Wow, he's got a nice voice!" Zarah said out loudly.

"There is something fishy going on here." Maryam suspected.

"Maybe the fish bites you're having?" Zarah joked.

"I like your sense of humor Zarah, but you can't hide it forever, do you like my cousin?" Maryam asked.

"No that is crazy, me? A nobody?" Zarah protested,

"If you say so, but the look on his face says you are not a nobody and Zarah, any thing you do in life always know that right decisions doesn't exist — choose the one that'll make you happy, you've suffered enough." Maryam advised.

"What do you mean?" Zarah said,

"I know you know, just choose wisely." Maryam said as with a bright smile.

The so could be heard from the background as Yusuf threw pebbles on and off, he sat on a black painted slab, his eyes were red as hell, this must be his worst Ramadan, many guest just kept staring at him.

"Excuse me uncle, have you seen my Ummi?" Yusuf heard a familiar voice and he raised his head to found out it was who he really wanted to see.

He wasn't sure at first, but as he stared at her halve casted skin, he could surely say it was a positive hypothesis.

"Safeenah?" Yusuf said with a shaking voice. Yusuf stood up and hugged his daughter, "uncle Dale! This man is trying to take me away!" Safeenah shouted as she pushed Yusuf and he landed on his butt.

Yusuf wasn't surprise nor sad, he actually expected that kind of reaction, but the shocker is yet to come, Dale charged at Yusuf and punched him hard on his nose.

"You imbecile, what are doing, child trafficking, huh?" Dale said, Safeenah held Dale's leg and made silly face at Yusuf. Yusuf stared at Dale with a broken nose and a broken heart but he kept smiling at Safeenah.

She was his.