UN PRINCE INCAPABLE

6

Prince Abubakar sat in the midst of the French men, he was smiling; not because what they we're saying was funny, but because he couldn't understand any of the things they were saying. But it sounded funny as they elongate the letters on each sentence.

Zarah walked down to the gazebo—she was late so she avoided eye contact with the prince.

"Bonsoir Monsieur." Zarah said to a younger French hunk with a bright smile. Abubakar stared at her and he muttered something that Zarah couldn't capture. She took her sit near the younger French man; it looks like the French men are related in some ways.

The younger French man gave Zarah lustful glares, he looks like a rich heir who is surrounded by beautiful mistresses.

"Un prince incapable.a"

The older French man said in French as he laughed out loud. Prince Abubakar was in the dark—he heard 'prince', but couldn't grab what they said.

"What are they saying?" Prince Abubakar said as he threw death glares at Zarah, she ignored him again.

"Pere? "

The younger French man said as he nudged the older French man.

"Donne nous uné minute."

Zarah said before standing up and she gently tapped the prince's shoulder,the prince was angry—he stood up and followed Zarah to a quiet conner.

They stood and Zarah couldn't look at him, she was just staring blankly at the grasses.

"Why did you call me here?" Prince Abubakar asked as he have ran out of patient.

"What did you say to them? I mean the French men?" Zarah asked as she raised her head up to look at the prince. As she set her eye on the prince her throat dried up.

"What do you mean? I didn't say anything to those fools." Prince Abubakar muttered in a furious manner, why is he always angry?

"The older French man said you are incapable, I'm sorry?" Zarah finally landed the bombshell.

"What? You lied to me! what were you supposed to be? You are my translator for God sake!" Abubakar held Zarah hand tightly and marched towards the palace. He was walking to the Fazza's division with Zarah.

Zarah kept struggling but it was to no avail. Abubakar was actually an athlete, he won many medals. Abubakar barge in the Fazza's division without any salaam; as soon as he entered, he let go of Zarah's wrist. Zarah couldn't walk out, she stayed still.

"Abubakar are you out of your wits?"
Sheik Hamdan asked slightly annoyed by the way he barge in.

"Thank Allah, you know I am Abubakar not Fazza!" Abubakar said in an angry tone. Zarah wanted turning but Abubakar held her tightly.

"And I'm done with your French men,can you believe what they called me? An incapable prince? " Abubakar said emphasizing on incapable.

"Are you not incapable?" Abubakar let go of Zarah's wrist as the Fazza uttered this statement. "Such a useless crown Prince." Fazza added, Zarah sighed heavily. Why did she followed the Prince?

This was awkward.

"Father have you ever think about my happiness? How many times have I recited the Qur'an? I have no time for my self, I don't need a damn translator. I don't need her; all I want is my free time!" Abubakar said these and Zarah's heart shattered into million pieces.

"But Abubakar you are my crown Prince, you have to be the Fazza I want you to be, not the Fazza you want to—" Sheik Hamdan said again, they ignored Zarah like she was invisible.

"But I think, I can never be the Fazza you want." Abubakar said in anger and in a rude tone.

"You can, Abubakar look at me now! I am the Fazza my dad wanted me to be. Look, I've got houses, companies and lots of car and I have a loving wife." Sheik Hamdan said as he was pointing at the little model of the city of Dubai and also a model of  his enormous company.

"That reminds me of your marriage, it will be during Eid." Sheik Hamdan said, Zarah was as pale as sheets.

"An arranged marriage? Are we in the 80's? I can't believe you can be this clueless, please Fazza understand my plight!" Abubakar pleaded.

"Go and have a good talk with the French men you incapable prince!" Fazza said as he pat Abubakar's shoulder, Abubakar was angry he left the Fazza's division and Zarah bowed before walking off too.

• • • •

The atmosphere in the room was warm, and the scent of musky oud could be perceive. Abubakar sat on a throne-like chair, he rest his arms on the armrest, on his left; sat his pet tiger. Bilal, the pet tiger was so silent just watching. Zarah walked in and she stopped as the pet tiger was about to attack her.

"Bilal!"

Abubakar cautioned his pet and it followed it master's order, it went back to the ground.

"Abubakar.... Prince Abubakar," Zarah called nervously, "I think what your father said is true, you should go back to the French men. It's not cool  keeping people waiting." Zarah persuaded and Abubakar didn't even utter a word.

"Were you eavesdropping on the conversation between the crown Prince and the Sheik? You could get arrested for that." Abubakar finally said.

"You dragged me for Pete sake! What was I supposed to do? Cover my ears?"
Zarah asked a bit annoyed by the Prince words. "Let's go to the French men, I've got a plan!" Zarah added enthusiastically,

"Rule forty-five!"

Abubakar said in a tone that annoyed Zarah.

Zarah lost it.

"Keep shut Abubakar, you're just a rude Prince; to hell with your worthless rules. You should start treating people the way you wanna be treated, I don't care if I am fired, I will stand by the truth. You are a stubborn prince, you need to grow up and accept reality—you think life is just a piece of cake you can order and eat? A coward, that what you are. I wish you will understand earlier." Zarah started walking out of the prince's room.

"Wait!" Abubakar called back in an unceremonious way.

Author's note

Abubakar sure is a billionaire, having a pet tiger is way out of the league.

Way to go Zarah, even though she know she have lost her job, she still stand by the truth.

Comment below your opinions.