ROYAL NIKKAH

40

Two days later,

Eid day; yippee!

"Excuse me, coming through." Safeenah said as she ran through the bouquet of flowers, she held a girl her age's hand.

"I can't believe I'm a friend to the princess of Dubai. Thank you for inviting us—my dad is so thrilled!" The girl said with a smile.

"Don't worry Mehek, you're such a nice friend, let go eat strawberries!" Safeenah yelled as she dragged Mehek, Mehek pushed her nerdy glasses in; to stop it from falling.

In the royal green house, Zarah sat on the black pavement she loves sitting on, she was crying? Abubakar opened the glass–made door. "Zarah, why are you here?" Prince Abubakar said. "And you're crying?" He added as Zarah lifted her head.

"I'm nervous. What if we are not compatible? We barely know each other. I don't even know what your mum looks like, I don't know her personality!" Zarah ranted.

"You don't wanna be my wife?"

"I wanna, but, what if I don't fit in all the royalty stuffs!"

"Or should we elope?" Prince Abubakar suggested and Zarah chuckled softly.

"You love elopement, I can't elope with you, this our place now!" Zarah said confidently.

"You sure? Cause you're still scared." He said as he wrapped Zarah in his arms, "my mother is the most nicest person on earth, you don't have any problems and we have years to know each other. It doesn't matter if we don't know each other what matters is that we love each other—this is me, your man, the man you wished could be yours, for years!" Prince Abubakar said and Zarah smiled.

"For years? I was with Yusuf remember?"

Prince Abubakar scoffed. "Don't mention Yusuf; he is just a passing water in your life. He lost you and Safeenah." He nodded in affirmation.

"You're right, besides, it's just an engagement, what could ever go wrong; Yasmin should be in the plane right now. I feel bad for her. I look like a villain now!" Zarah whined.

"Don't say that. She had the choice to choose and she lost it—you chose to stay my love."

Zarah sighed heavily as she fixed her gaze into the Prince's blue eye balls. "What's gonna happen to me tomorrow."

"Zarah... Yesterday was history, tomorrow is a mystery but today is a gift; that's why it is called present."

Zarah's sad face broke in a smile. "Thank you my love. Let's get engage. It won't hurt."

"Yes, my love. It won't." Prince Abubakar said kissing her forehead and hugging her tightly.

* * * * *

In Al Makthoum international airport,Yasmin pushed her suitcase which have an Eiffel tower charm on it towards the long checking-in queue.

Going back to wherever she came from.

Yasmin stood in silence; her emotions couldn't be read due to the she pink nose mask and a hearty sunglasses she was putting on.

Like avoiding someone.

Her phone started ringing and she retrieved her phone from her purse; it was a call from her dad. She was hesitant to pick the call at first but it kept ringing. She picked it.

"Salaam dad..." She started as her voice cracked.

"Yasmin, get back here. Don't disgrace me. Just get married to Abubakar. You can't guarantee he'll marry Zarah after their engagement." The other person on the phone said, not giving Yasmin time to talk.