Chapter 5

Two months later.....

You had filed for divorce with Andy's help. He'd got the best divorce lawyer for you. Just like he said he would.

You had resigned from work so you'd have zero to none contact with Ransom. Linda was shocked when you told her the reason for the divorce.

You sat in your room going over the divorce papers with Andy. "Hey." He nudged you. "You heard what I said?"

"No. What was it?" You asked.

"I said if you wanted to celebrate our anniversary." Andy said.

"Andy..... I don't know. Plus you have to take care of Laurie. She's eight months pregnant." You said.

"I know, but it's our twenty year anniversary. Come on." Andy said. "Please."

"What anniversary?" Laurie said as she stood at the doorway.

"Oh, hey. Come sit." You said. Laurie sat down on the bed.

"What anniversary were you talking about?"

"Yeah, it's the day we first met each other. So we celebrate it every year." Andy said. "And it will be twenty years of our friendship this Wednesday."

"Wow. That's fantastic." Laurie said. "So, what are you going to do?"

"Oh, we just go out and decide what to do. We just spend the day together." You said.

"You remember when we celebrated it for the first time?" Andy asked. "Your mother was so mad at us." He chuckled.

"Yeah. Andy had planned on spending the day at my house as his mother was out of town due to work. So, all of a sudden he decided to celebrate the day and pulled me into the kitchen and started making cupcakes. And as you know, he messed up and the whole kitchen was covered in floor. That was the moment my mom came in and saw the mess." You chuckled as you saw Andy shaking his head.

"We were grounded for a week straight." Andy said and you gasped as you felt a kick to your belly.

"What is it?" Andy asked.

"The baby's kicking." You said, putting a hand on your belly. "Oh, again." You chuckled.

"Really? She's kicking?" Andy asked as he put his hand on your bump as well.

"Andy, we don't if it's girl." You said as you chuckled.

"Yeah, yeah. But I know my sperm. It's a girl." Andy said. "Wanna bet on it?"

"I'm not betting on my child's gender, Barber." You said.

"Fine, but you'll be thanking me when she's born." He said and leaned towards your stomach. "Hey there, baby girl. This is your uncle Andy here." He whispered. "I can't wait for you to come out so you can play with your friend Jacob and I am gonna spoil you both rotten." He said and you received a kick.

"I think the baby agrees." You said.

"Calm down. Don't hurt your mommy." Andy said and turned towards Laurie's bump. "That applies to you as well."

"You're insane, Andy." Laurie said. "They aren't even here yet and you wanna spoil them?"

"Well, I am gonna be a father and an uncle in a few months time. I guess I just excited for them to come." Andy said. "But mostly I like to take care of you two and fuss over you."

"Aww, you're the bestest friend ever." You said.

"I'm the only friend you have. Y/L/N." Andy said.

"Laurie's my friend too, right?" You said and turned to look at her.