Chapter 19

A week later.....

"You found anything?" Andy asked as he slumped back in his office chair.

"Nothing." Benoit said.

"It's been a week since you left. How can you not find anything?" He almost yelled.

"I'm trying here, Mr. Barber." He said.

"Sorry. I didn't mean to yell. But I may have something for you." Andy said.

"What?"

"Contact Officer Duffy. She can help you. And tell her to keep everything under wraps. I don't want anyone to know." Andy said.

"Okay. I'll do something. I searched his house. It was empty by the way." Benoit said.

"Empty? Must be at another place then." Andy said.

"Yes. I'll contact you soon again, Mr. Barber." He said.

"Call me, Andy. Please."

"Yeah, Andy. Bye." Benoit said and hung up.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile.....

"Hey, sweetheart." Ransom said as he came in the room. "Got you food." He gestured to the plate of food he brought with him.

"I'm not hungry." You said and looked away from him.

"Come on, Y/N. Don't make me force you." He smirked at you, putting the plate of food on the nightstand.

"Force me?" You scoffed. "Not like you aren't doing it right now."

Ransom chuckled darkly as he looked at you. Hands tied above your head to the headboard. "I know. But I like you like this." He sat down next to you and untied the rope that bound your hands to the board and pulled you up. Hands still bound. Ransom took the tray and pierced the fork in the pasta and held it up to your mouth. "Eat."

"Fuck off, Ransom." You said, pushing his hand away.

"You're angering me, sweetheart." Ransom said. "Eat." He growled.

"No." You said. "I can eat myself. Untie me."

"No, baby. Can't do that." Ransom said, "I don't want a repeat performance of you running away like last time."

"Then I won't eat." You said.

Ransom sighed and shook his head, "Fine." He put the fork back and stood up. "Your choice." He said and once again pushed you back on the bed and tied your hands back to the board. "Have fun. No food for a day." He winked at you and walked out of the room.

You huffed and pulled at the restraints. You had tried many times but no use. "Come on." You said as you pulled with force. But no use. "Find me, Andy." You whispered as a tear rolled down your face. "Please."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Dad?" Andy turned around and saw Sophia standing outside his office, tears in his eyes.

Andy sighed knowing she'd heard him, "Come here, Fif." He opened his arms for his daughter. She ran and hugged Andy as she cried. "Shh. It's okay. We'll find your mom. She'll be home with us. I promise you." He said and kissed her head.

"You said he didn't find anything." She cried. "I want her, dad. Bring her home, please."

"She will, sweetheart. I promise." Andy said. He was trying his best to not cry. He had to be strong for his family. "Hey, can I tell you a good news?"

Sophia pulled away, "What?"

"I proposed your mom." Andy said. "She said yes."

"Dad that's great." Sophia smiled at her father, "When?"

"That night." Andy sighed, looking away from his daughter. They barely spoke about what had happened that night. "I wanted to tell you guys but I forgot in all this."

"Congratulations." Sophia said and hugged her father again.

"Thank you." Andy said, "Hey. Don't cry, okay? We have to be strong."

"Yeah." Sophia nodded. "I'm gonna go tell Jacob."