Chapter 8

Andy knocks on your bedroom door after making sure the kids are asleep. The door opens and he steps inside.

"Hey." You said.

"Hi." Andy said awkwardly."

"Why don't we sit down?" You asked him.

"Sure." Andy nods and sits down on the bed, next to you.

"So.."

"So.."

You both began at the same time and chuckle. "You first." Andy said.

"So, uh.... what do you want to do about... you know.... us?" You said, pointing between you and him.

"I really want to see where it goes. I wanna try us." Andy said.

"Really?"

"Yeah. But maybe we should keep it under wraps till the trial and divorce are done with." Andy said.

"Sure. No problem." You said and looked at him. He was looking at you as well. The urge of kissing you was growing every second he was with you.

Andy cupped your face and leaned in, "Can I?" He asked.

You smiled back at him, "Kiss me, Andy." You said and his lips crashed against yours in a heated kiss. Both of you pouring your emotions into it. Everything you wanted to say to each other was said through that one kiss. You felt Andy's tongue tracing your bottom lip, asking for permission.

You opened your mouth and granting him access. You felt his hands move down to your waist and he pulled you on his lap. He held you tight as you both made out.

You pulled away and panted as you caught your breath. "I'm sorry. I don't know what came over me..." Andy whispered.

"It's alright. I liked it." You said.

"Yeah?"

"Yes, Andy." You said as you caressed his cheek. "But maybe we should take it a little slow."

"Sure, honey bee. I want to take you on a date as soon as the divorce in done."

"Fine by me." You said. "When should we tell the kids?"

"Maybe after everything is over?" Andy asked.

"Sure. Take your time. I know it's hard for you. Especially Jacob." You said.

"Yeah. I just want this to be over." Andy said.

"How are you feeling about all this?"

"Me? I'm fucking scared and worried about him." Andy said. He pulled you closer and put his head on your chest.

"It's alright, Andy. Jacob needs you right now. You should focus on him." You said and got off of him.

"Yes, but I want to kiss you again. Can I?"

"Come here, Barber." You said and pulled him in for a passionate kiss.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

You and Andy sipped on your coffees as you saw Jacob coming down the stairs. "Good morning, dad. Morning, Y/N." He said.

"Morning bud. Hungry?" Andy asked as he got up to make a plate for Jacob.

"Sure." He said taking a seat next to you. "Where's Sophie?"

"She sleeps a little late on weekends." You said and looked at Andy. "Wonder where she got that habit from." You said as Andy turned around and gave a smile knowing it was one of his old habits.

"Yeah. Total sleepyhead." Andy said, placing Jacob's plate in front of him. "Eat bud. Hey, can we talk for a moment?" He said to you.

"Yeah, sure." You said and got up. "We'll be in the living room if you need anything." You said to Jacob and followed Andy to the living room. "What is it?"

Andy sat down and sighed, "I wanted to talk about what you said earlier."

"That comment? I'm sorry. I didn't know it would affect you. I'm sorry, Andy." You said.

"No, no. It's not that. I was wondering if we could tell Fifi and Jake about her." Andy said. "That you know how she was born. But only if you want."

"It's fine. She should know. She's been asking me and I didn't know how to answer." You said.

Andy took your hand in his and gave it a squeeze. "We'll tell her soon."

"What about Jacob? Who is he going to stay with after the divorce?" You asked him.

"It's his choice. I will go for full custody but I won't stop him from seeing Laurie." Andy said.

"Sure. Have you asked him?"

"I did. He said he wanted to stay with me after Laurie kicked us out." Andy said with a sad look.

"I'm really sorry, Andy." You said.

"Stop saying that, it's not your fault, honey bee." Andy said.

"But..."

"No it's not your fault!" Andy said sternly.

"Okay." You said. "Andy.... does Jacob know the real reason?"

"No. He doesn't." He said.

"Okay."

"Hey, don't be sad." He said. You nodded your head in response. "Come on, let's go back to the kitchen."

"You're just taking me back to make more coffee." You said.

"Kinda, but let's go back." Andy said with a shrug.

"You're impossible, Barber."

"You love me." Andy whispered.

"Yes, yes I do." You said before walking away.