Chapter 12

Five months later.....

Andy had started his own law firm and it was going exceptionally well. He had hired a few people, some of which were fresh out of college and looking for a job. It was difficult at the beginning but they had somehow worked it out and were coming up in business.

Andy was going through a case file with his assistant, Peter, who was a paralegal, when he saw the time. It was late. He would be home by this time. Andy sighed and stretched his body. He took his phone and called you.

But it went straight to voice mail.

Andy furrowed his bows together. You always picked his calls. "Is everything okay, Mr. Barber?" Peter asked.

"Yeah. Just give me a minute." Andy said, not looking up from his phone as he redialed your number. But again, it went to voicemail. So, he decided to leave a message.

"Hey, honey bee. I wanted to inform you that I'll be home late today due to this case. I'll probably be late for dinner. If you see this then call me. Bye. Love you." Andy said and hit send.

"Everything alright, sir?" Peter asked.

"Yes, Peter. Let's continue to go through this." Andy said and resumed his work.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"See you tomorrow, Mr. Barber. Good night." Peter said and walked away as Andy opened his car door and sat inside.

He sighed as he loosened his tie and opened the collar button. Andy once again took his phone and tried calling you but it kept going to voicemail.

Andy groaned and put his phone on the console and started his car. He put the seat belt on but stopped when he felt movement in the backseat.

But before he could turn around to look behind, he felt a pinch in his neck before blacking out.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Andy blinked his eyes open, adjusting to the bright lights in the room. He groaned as he felt the slight pain in his neck. Opening his eyes properly and looked around and saw that he was in his house. But didn't see anyone. He tried to move his hands but they were zip tied to the chair behind his back.

Andy turned around when he heard something behind him. Andy turned over his shoulder and saw Ransom walking in the living room, dragging you with him. Hands tied together in front of you. He was followed by another man , who stood in the door way. "Y/N." Andy said as Ransom pushed you on the chair in front of him. He looked at you. Some blood coming out of your head, tears staining your cheeks. "Y-You okay?" Y/N nodded at him.

"Hello, Barber." Ransom smiled at him.

"What the fuck are you doing?" Andy asked.

"I doing what I said. You remember, don't you?" Ransom said and walked over to him and leaned down, "I said I'd ruin your lives, huh?" He chuckled.

"Leave her." Andy said. "Just leave her."

"No." Ransom said, and sat down on the couch, putting his arms on the back of it. "You two destroyed everything I'd build over the years. You really think I'd leave you alone?"

"Where's Jacob and Sofia?" Andy asked. "At least don't hurt them."

"They're upstairs. And I'm not making any promises." Ransom shrugged.

Andy sighed and looked at you, you were shaking and stared at the ground. Clearly scared. He looked back at Ransom, "What do you want?" Ransom didn't answer but snapped his finger at the man and he walked out of the room. He came back with two others and Jacob and Sofia, who were pushed on the couch. "Sofia, Jacob. You okay?" Andy asked them.

"Y-Yes." Jacob answered shakily.

"It's gonna be okay, bud. It's gon-" Andy said but stopped when Ransom stood up and removed his gun. Andy watched as he walked next to him and put the gun on his head. He motioned his men to do the same with Jacob and Sofia. "No, no. Don't hurt them. Please. They have nothing to do with this." Andy pleaded, struggling to get out of his bonds . He groaned when Ransom hit him in the ribs with his gun, causing him to double over in pain. He knew at least one of his ribs were broken by the impact.

"Andy!" You screamed.

"I'm-I'm okay." Andy said to you.

"You talk too much, Barber." Ransom said and pulled him back by his hair. "Let's get down to business." He said, pointing the gun at his head once again. "I will leave you and your kids alone if my wife comes back to me." He looks at you. "Will you, sweetheart? You don't want them to die do you?" He said, pushing the gun more against Andy's head.

"No. Y/N, don't." Andy said.

"Andy, I-" You said.

"No, no. Please." He said to you, "There has to be another way."

"Fine, then." Ransom said, "Kill them." He said to his men.

The two men nodded and pulled the safety off, "No. No! Please. Leave them, please!" Andy screamed at them.

"Shut up, Barber." Ransom said, kneeing Andy in his ribs where he hit him.

"Please!" Andy yelled as the pain doubled, "Don't."

Just as they would pull the trigger you spoke up, "I will come with you."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys!!!

Please do read my other stories such as, Duplicate, Kidnapped and The girl you met. Do read them and like them.

And this one.

Happy reading!!!!