Chapter 15

Andy took deep breaths to calm himself and wiped his tears. He got up from the floor and made his way to Jacob's room.

He opened the door and saw Sofia holding Jacob as he cried. "Dad." Sofia cried as she looked at him.

"Oh God." Andy whispered and sat down next to her and looked at her, "Are you guys okay?"

"I'm fine, dad. But they beat Jacob a lot." Sofia cried. "He's hurt."

Andy nodded and looked at Jacob, "Jake, bud. Talk to me."

"I'm okay. Just a few scratches." Jacob said and sat up. "Are you okay?"

"I'm alright." Andy said.

"How's mom?" Sofia asked.

"She um.... she had to go." Andy looked down. "I'm sorry I didn't fight."

"It's not your fault, dad. She did what she had to." Sofia said. "What are you going to do now?"

"I won't leave him. He will pay for what he did to you. Okay?" Andy said, "Don't worry. You'll have your mom back soon. I promise." Andy sighed, as he got up. "Have you guys eaten anything?" Both of them shook their heads. "Okay. Come downstairs. I'll make something." Andy got up,, grunting as he did.

"Dad? Are you sure you're okay?" Jacob asked who by now had also stood up.

"I'm fine, bud. Just pains a little." He said, clutching onto his obviously broken rib.

"Okay. If you say so." Jacob said, knowing his father won't admit it.

"I'll be downstairs." Andy said and walked out of the room. He went to the kitchen and prepared a quick meal for the kids and himself. But he knew he couldn't swallow even a bite.

Andy watched as Sofia and Jacob ate in silence. "Eat something, dad." Sofia said, pushing her half eaten plate towards him.

Andy smiled at her sadly, "No. I'm not hungry." He said and pushed the plate back to her.

"You haven't eaten too, dad. Please." Jacob said.

Andy sighed, "Okay." He stood up and got himself a plate and started eating. "Why'd you try to run?"

Jacob looked at Andy with a sorry look, "I'm sorry, dad. It was my plan. I'm sorry."

"Jake, bud. I'm not mad at you. Okay? Just tell me." Andy said.

"We thought we could go and get some help. So we opened the window and jumped down somehow but they saw us." Jacob said.

Andy nodded, "It's alright. You did what you thought was right." Andy said.

"Dad? Is that why they took mom now?" Sofia asked.

"Yes." Andy said, taking a bite of his food. "Don't worry. You'll have her back soon enough. I've a plan ready."

"Already?" Jacob asked.

"Yeah." Andy said. "But it'll take some time. Promise me you won't tell anyone about what happened, okay?"

"Yes, dad." Both of them said together, making Andy chuckle a little, but stopped when his ribs pained due to the motion.

"Just check it out, dad." Sofia said.

"It'll be okay. Just a broken rib." Andy said.

"But-" Sofia began but Andy cut her off.

"It's fine, Fifi. I'm okay." Andy said and got up and put his finished plate in the sink.

"Do you know where he took her?" Jacob asked.

"Probably back to Boston I think." Andy said, as he turned back to face them. "We'll find her."

"Okay. I think I'm gonna lay down for a bit. You coming?" Jacob asked Sofia who nodded in response and got up as Andy took his plate, placing it in the sink.

"Sure. Tell me if you need anything. I'll be in the office." Andy said.

"Okay, dad." Jacob said and walked upstairs with Sofia. Leaving Andy alone in the kitchen with his thoughts.