Chapter 14

The hours were going fast, much to Andy's dismay. He wanted to stay with you as much as he could before Ransom took you.

But at around four in the morning there was commotion outside in the hallway. "What is that?" You asked and stood up next to Andy as he tried to listen.

"I don't know." Andy said, pressing his ear to the door. He could still hear voices. He gasped when he recognized them. It was Jacob and Sofia. They were screaming for help. "It's Jake and Fifi." He said to you.

"What?!" You said, "What are they doing?"

"Whatever it is it looks bad." Andy said. He heard a few more footsteps and voices before he backed away from the door, pulling you along with him.

"What? Andy?" You looked at him as he pushed you behind him.

The door opened and an angry Ransom stepped in. "Those kids are a nuisance." He spat. "Should have killed them."

"W-What happened?" Andy asked.

Ransom scoffed, "They tried to run. But my men caught them."

"Run away?" Andy said. "Look, just don't hurt them. They have no idea what happened."

"Why? Why should I leave them?" Ransom asked.

"They're kids, please. They did what they thought was right." Andy said. "I apologize for them, but please, don't do anything to them."

But before Ransom could respond back you heard Jacob's screams. "Jacob." You said to Andy.

"What did they do? What did they do?!" Andy yelled at Ransom.

"What they should have before." Ransom said.

"You hurt them and I'll make sure you and all your men rot in jail!" Andy said, he was getting angry. "Whatever happened was between you and us. They have nothing to do with it."

Ransom stared at Andy, you could see the gears turning in his head, "You know what, I've changed my mind." Ransom said, "We leave now." He pointed at you.

"What?" Andy asked, anger rising by every second.

"I'll leave them only if you come with me. NOW." Ransom said.

"No, no. You said you'd leave in the morning." Andy said. His hand reaching behind him for yours and held on tightly. "I won't let you take her."

"That's very brave of you, Barber." Ransom chuckled, "It's your choice, Y/N. If you want those brats to live then you'll come with me right now."

"I will come with you. Please don't hurt them." You said.

"No, Y/N. Please, don't." Andy said, looking at you over his shoulder.

"It's fine. Just remember what you promised me." You said.

"Ugh!" Andy groaned, knowing he had no choice. He couldn't choose between Y/N and his kids. "Fine." He turned around and cupped your face. "I love you, honey bee." He said and kissed you.

"I love you too, Andy." You said. "Tell Jake and Sophie I love them."

Andy nodded, "Yes. Remember what I said. Please."

"Yes, Andy." You said and pecked his lips.

Ransom rolled his eyes and leaned against the doorway, "Are you done?"

Andy sighed and turned back to face Ransom. " You shouldn't have done this. You'll pay for hurting my family."

"Yeah, yeah." Ransom flipped him off. "Come on, Y/N. Let's go." He said, extending his hand for you to take.

You looked at him and then to his hand. You let out a breath. This was it. You had no idea when you'd see your family again. But if you didn't go then you'd loose them forever. You walked towards Ransom and put your hand in his.

"Good." Ransom said, "Stay here. Come out when we leave." He said to Andy and closed the door, pulling you down the hallway with him. You looked around your house for the last time as you were pulled out of the house. Ransom's men were already waiting outside.

Ransom pulled you towards a car and opened the backdoor, "Get in." He ordered.

You looked up at the window and could see Andy looking down at you. You smiled at him for the last time before sitting in the car. Ransom sat in the back with you and the car's engine roared to life and was pulled out of the driveway. You closed your eyes to stop the tears as you drove away from your house and loved ones.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As soon as Andy heard the front door slam shut he rushed to the window that faced the driveway and opened it. He saw as Ransom pulled you to the car and opened the door. He watched as you looked up and smiled at him before getting in the car. Andy slid down the wall and cried as the car drove away and was soon out of sight.

He knew you did this for him and the kids. But Andy blamed him for all this. He should have been more careful. More alert. It was all his fault. His fault that Ransom had taken you away from him once again.