Chapter 16

Andy sat wide awake in his chair, staring at the wall and with a bottle of beer in his hand. Andy had been staring at the wall in front of him for the last four to five hours. He wanted his plan to be perfect. No mistake. And even if it happened he would be ready with plan B.

That's how Jacob found him in the very early hours of the morning. "Dad?" He said as he stepped in his father's office.

"What?" Andy asked not removing his eyes from the wall.

"We wanted to check if you were okay?" Jacob asked.

"I'm fine." Andy said, sipping his beer. "Just thinking."

"About Y/N?"

"Yeah." Andy said, "There's nothing else I can think about."

"What's your plan?" Jacob asked.

"I won't tell you. It's best to keep you both out of it." Andy said.

"Why don't you tell Officer Duffy? I mean if he took her back to Boston then she can find her." Jacob said.

"No." Andy said, "I know she'll help but not now."

"Why?"

"Because I don't know for sure that he is in Boston. Plus he will be on high alert right now." Andy said, finally looking at Jacob. "As much as I hate it, we have to wait for at least three weeks."

"Three weeks, dad?"

"Yeah. Three weeks." Andy said.

"What will you don till then?"

"What I have to. Go on as if nothing happened." Andy said, "I'll have to send an letter to Y/N's boss about her absence."

"This is all insane." Jacob said and sat down in front of Andy.

"You don't know the half of it." Andy said.

"What happened, dad?" Jacob asked.

Andy sighed, he wasn't ready to tell them. But he had to, "Go call Fifi down. I'll tell you."

"Okay." Jacob said and went upstairs, coming back with Sofia a few minutes later.

"What is it, dad?" Sofia asked.

"I want to tell you the reason for what happened yesterday." Andy said.

"Who was he dad?" Sofia asked.

"He was Y/N's ex- husband." Andy said. "Y/N had to marry him because it was your grandmother's last wish. She wanted to see Y/N getting married before she died. So, Y/N did it, even though she didn't want to."

"He-he was my father?" Sofia asked.

"He was supposed to be. But then..." Andy trailed off. Not finding the right words to describe those events.

"Then what, dad?" Sofia asked.

"Your mom caught him cheating on her once and he...." Andy paused and took a deep breath before continuing. "He made her watch them forcefully. He kept her locked all day before she ran away from that place. She came straight to me for help."

"Oh God." Sofia said.

"She was pregnant with you when this happened." Andy said. "During the trail we found out that he was involved in drugs, kidnapping, murders and what not. She got divorced just a day before you were born."

"Does he know about me?" Sofia asked.

"Maybe. He was very happy at the beginning when the IVF was successful. He wanted to be involved in everything. But it was all fake. All fake." Andy said.

"How could he?" Sofia said, now on the verge of crying.

"I don't know. Maybe he did it for his status. It is very important in the mafia world." Andy said.

"How do you know that?" Jacob said.

"I'm a lawyer, Jacob. I know how it works." Andy said.

"Yeah. I guess." Jacob shrugged. "I hope he doesn't hurt Y/N."

"I hope so too, bud. He will pay if there's even a scratch on her." Andy said.

"Promise me you'll put him in jail, dad. He doesn't deserve to stay out." Sofia said.

"Yes, Fifi. I promise. He will rot in jail. I'll make sure of that." Andy said. "Anyway, take some rest today. Don't go to school. Stay home. Okay?"

"Yes, dad." Jacob said. "We'll be upstairs." Jacob said and went upstairs.

"You okay, Fifi?" Andy asked.

"Why didn't you tell me?" She asked.

"We didn't want you to know, Fifi. No one knows other than me, you, Jacob and Laurie." Andy said. "We didn't want you to worry about these things."

"But still."

"Your mother told me not to. She wants to keep you safe and away from him." Andy said and walked towards her and hugged her. "She did it for you, Fifi. Everything she ever did was for you. She ran so that you'd be safe and have a good secure future that you deserve."

"I know." Sofia nodded.

"Okay, why don't you go play something on Jake's Xbox. Go whip his ass." Andy said, pulling away from her.

"Language, dad." Sofia chuckled and wiped her tears. "But yeah. I'll beat his ass."

Andy smiled as he saw Sofia going back upstairs to Jake's room. He sighed, sitting back on his chair and fishing his phone out of his pocket and dialed a number.

"Hey, Parker. I need your help with something here..."