Chapter 17

A week and half later.....

Peter knocked on Andy's door and peeked inside. "Mr. Barber." He said as he stood at the door.

"Come in, Peter." Andy said.

"Here are the files you told me to get. Sorry it took so long." Peter said.

"It's fine, Parker. Sit down." Andy said, giving Peter a small smile.

"Why don't you call the police?" Peter asked as Andy looked over the files that contained all of Ransom's illegal records.

"I can't, Peter. He has Y/N and I don't want her to get hurt more than she already is." Andy said, eyes skimming over the lines. "Thank you for this. But I need your help more than you know, Parker."

"Anything, Mr. Barber." Peter said, "What happened with you was bad."

Andy sighed, "I know. I'll do anything I have to do to put that asshole in jail. I promised my daughter I will."

"He will, sir. You're the best lawyer I've ever worked with." Peter said.

Andy chuckled, "Thanks, Parker. You can go do your work now." Peter nodded and left the room going back to his desk outside Andy's office. Andy sighed as he leaned back in his chair. He had enough proof that Ransom had been involved in mafia business. He could use it in court against him. And put him back in jail. Where he belongs.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Andy was sitting at his usual spot sipping his coffee before he had to leave for work. He watched as Jacob and Sofia were reading an article in the newspaper.

"This is something I could get used to." Andy joked. It was the least he could do to lighten the air and there mood. He wasn't the only one who suffered.

"Don't start dad, it's a really interesting article." Jacob said, his eyes not leaving Andy's.

"What? Show me." Andy said as he walked to them at the dinning table. Andy groaned when he saw the advertisement of a new phone launch. "Really? That what you're looking at."

"No, this." Sofia pointed at the correct article. It was about a detective who had solved a very big case. A high profile one.

"Who is he?" Andy asked, sitting down next to Jacob.

"Benoit Blanc." Jacob said. "He's a very famous detective. He just solved this very high profile case about the murder of a murder mystery writer. (Not related to Knives Out) in Boston. Maybe you could hire him?"

Andy sighed as he looked over the article, "I don't know, Jake."

"You could at least get some information, dad. Please. He's in Boston what if mom is there too, he can find her." Sofia said. "Please think about it."

"Fine. I'll think about it." He said as he tore the article out of the paper and put it in his pockets. "I gotta go now. Bye." He said, putting on his suit and kissed both their foreheads and left.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Andy stared at the number on the paper as he decided what to do.

Should he call?

What if Ransom comes to know?

But he needs to find Y/N as soon as possible. His patience was running loose. He'd waited to long.

Andy had to do something.

So, Andy picked up his phone and dialed the number given on the paper. The call was answered by a male voice.

"I'm Andy Barber. Can I talk to Detective Blanc?"

"This is him. And it's Blanc." He said.

"Okay. Mr. Blanc. I need your help to find my wife." Andy said.

"Where are you from?"

"New Hampton." Andy said.

"Sorry. I don't work outside of Boston." Blanc said and was about to end the call.

"Please. I'll give you whatever amount you want but please I-I need your help. Please. I can't find her."

"Okay. I'll try. Have you filed a police complaint yet?"

"No, I haven't."

"Fine. Give me your address I'll come over to talk to you." Benoit said. "Is this Friday okay?"

"Sure. You can come to my office." Andy said, "I'll text you the address."

"Yeah. See you soon. Bye." He said and hung up.

Andy sighed as a small sign graced his face. A glimmer of hope rose in his mind at the thought you coming home soon. With that hope Andy continued his work and made sure he was free on Friday to have this meeting with Detective Blanc.