Chapter 20

It had been a few days since Andy's phone call with Detective Blanc. He was working in his office when Peter came in, "Come in, Peter."

"Mr. Barber." Peter said, coming inside the office with a big box in his office. "This is for you."

"What is it?" Andy said and got up, taking the parcel from him.

"Don't know." Peter shrugged.

"Sure." Andy said, "You can go. Thanks, Parker."

"Yes, boss." Peter gave Andy a smile. "Mr. Barber?"

"Yeah?" Andy turned back to him.

"Is there any update on Ms. Y/L/N?" The kid asked.

"No. But I'll surely tell you if there's any." Andy said.

"Okay. I want to help as much as I can, sir. I mean I can understand how you feel. I have a girlfriend myself. I'd be doing the same thing you're doing."

"Thank you, Peter." Andy said, "It means a lot to me."

"Sure. I'll go now." Peter said, rushing out of Andy's office. Andy sighed, his hand opening the drawer and removing a blade to tear open the package. Andy checked that there was no return address on it. But still he opened it.

His eyes widened in shock when he saw what was inside. There was a torn t- shirt inside with blood on it. But what shocked him more was that you were wearing the very same shirt when Ransom took you. "No, no." Andy whispered. He put the t- shirt aside and looked at the other items. Andy slumped in his chair as he saw your clothes in the box. The package was from Ransom. It was very clear.

But there was a small box at the end of the box. Andy picked it up with shaky hands. Andy opened it and he groaned loudly. It was your engagement ring. The one he gave you that night. Tears fell from his eyes as Andy removed the small piece of paper that was inside the box as well. Andy sniffed while opening the paper and read what was written inside...

You shouldn't have hired a detective, Barber. I told you not to do anything and look what happened.... Consider this a warning.... Try anything and it'll be your son who pays the price next time.

-H.R.D.

"Fuck!" Andy yelled, "No, no, no." Andy didn't know what happened to you but it sure was something horrifying. And it was all Andy's fault. If he hadn't hired Benoit. You'd be safe. He wouldn't have hurt you.

Andy's phone began to ring. But Andy ignored it. He was too shocked to even look who was calling him. It rang two more times and Andy picked it up the third time. "Who the fuck is this?" He yelled.

"Andy...." You soft voice called out to him.

"Y-Y/N. Is that you, honey bee?" Andy asked and wiped his tears as you were in front of him.

"Yes, it's me." You said. Your voice told him what he wanted to know. You were scared and hurt.

"I-I'm sorry, Y/N. I'm sorry. You- You got hurt because of me. Please forgive me, please." Andy cried. "I'm sorry."

"It's not your fault, Andy. You did what you had to." You said.

"But Y/N-" Andy said but you stopped him.

"It's not your fault. You did what was right." You said.

"I shouldn't have done that. I shouldn't have hired him. It's all my fault." Andy said.

"No, Andy." You said. "It's not."

"Y-Y/N, honey bee. I promise you. I promise you, I-I'll bring you home." Andy said, "It's all gonna be okay. You'll be home and we can be a family once again. Just you, me and the kids. I promise you."

"I know, Andy. I know you will." You said, "Are the kids okay?"

"They're fine. A little shocked but okay." Andy said.

"Stop looking for me Andy. Don't do this. J-Just move on. Focus on the kids. Please." You said.

"No, Y/N. Please. Don't say that. This isn't you. I know you." Andy said.

"It is me, Andy. Please. Just focus on your job and on Jacob and Sophia. Not me." You said.

"NO." He screamed, "No. I-I can't live without you, honey bee. The kids need you. Sophia needs you. I love you, please. I love you." Andy begged.

"Come on, Barber. Do what the lady says." Ransom said and laughed, "If you love her then do what she told you too."

Andy's emotion changed like a switch, he wasn't sad or heartbroken anymore by your words. He was angry, furious. "You son of a bitch. I'm gonna kill you."

"Oh, are you, now?" Ransom asked. "I'd love to see you try."

"I will. I will kill you for what you did to her." Andy said, "I'll make you pay for it."

"What did I do?" Ransom gasped and his voice turned to serious, "I haven't done anything yet, Barber. But if you continue to hunt me down. I will. And what's wrong with having some fun with my wife, eh?"

"She's not you wife." Andy said.

"She will be soon enough." Ransom said, "I gotta go now. I'm a very busy man after all."

"No, give the phone to Y/N. I want to talk to her." Andy said.

Ransom chuckled, "Goodbye, Barber." He said and ended the call.

"No, wait-" Andy said but it was too late. Andy put his head in his hands and just cried. How could he stop looking for you? You were his life. His forever. The knocks on the door pulled Andy out of his head. Andy sat up straight and wiped his face and picked up all the items except for the ring, stuffing everything in the box, "Come in."

"Mr. Barber. You alright?" Peter asked, coming in the room once again.

"Yeah." Andy nodded. "Do you know who delivered it?" Andy motioned to the box.

"No. It was on the doorstep when I came back from my break." Peter said. "Is everything alright, sir?"

"No." Andy said, "It was from Ransom. He knows about Blanc."

"Oh." Was all Peter could say. He could see what happened by the look on his boss' face.

"I want you to bring up the footage from the CCTV." Andy said and opened his phone. He took his notepad and wrote the number Ransom called him from. Andy tore the page and handed it to Peter, "I also want you to track this number. You said you knew a tech guy?"

"Yeah." Peter said, looking at the piece of paper. "He's a friend of my aunt. His name is Jake Jensen. He very good at what he does."

"Okay then." Andy said. "Tell him to track this number till he has something."

"Yes, Mr. Barber. I'll have the footage brought to you in a few minutes."

"Thanks." Andy said. "We are not stopping from now. No matter what happens. We won't stop."