Chapter 33

I sighed, in a way I believed him, but I still can’t fully forgive him. I mean, no sane person would fully forgive someone whose A.) killed their boss that they were well acquainted with and B.) literally kidnapped them. Well I guess I could forgive the second thing in a way, he did just save me from dying or living until I die at a facility filled with God knows what kind of creatures living there.

I can’t think about this right now, I need to get everyone to a safe place.

I shook off my thoughts and worries and gazed back at Trender, “thanks Trender, I appreciate your concern. Let’s go meet with everyone else.”

Trender sighed but didn’t say anything else, instead he just followed. We crept back into the woods alongside the house, following a trail that passed it. As we continued on it, everyone slowly came into view. Slender sitting on a tree stump shirtless, Offender behind him taking out the bullets with his long sharp claws. Splendor held his hand as he grunted  and squeezed it in pain. Toby sat next to Radio on the forest floor picking at the grass while listening to a police scanner, while Kate stared at a flower, Masky and Hoodie stood  leaned up against a tree, Hoodie watching for me and Trender while Masky stared at Slender.

Hoodie fully stood up and faced us, he started waving, his maskless face held a soft smile. Toby looked up from the grass, his smile growing wide as he stood twitching.

“‘Bout time you guys got back.” Hoodie spoke.

“Yeah I didn’t mean to take so long, sorry about that.” I apologized.

“Eh, you're cool.” Toby butted in

Slender  grunted, bringing my attention to him, “there finally got them all out!” Offender exclaimed proudly. His hands and Slender’s back were coated in a shiny black ooze.

Slender let out a sigh of relief,unclasping his hand from Splendors. “So what’s going on with the house we’re staying with?” Hoodie interrupted.

“Ah, yeah, that….we can stay there. I can lead you to it right now.” I said coming out of observations.

“Sweet!” Toby chirped as he ticked and twitched.

Splendor stood up and held out his hands, Slender didn’t complain and took his brother’s offer to help him up. Grabbing them and pulling himself up, grunting as he did so. Offender slowly got up, making sure Slender didn’t fall. Masky didn’t say anything, he didn’t even look in my direction. He was about to stuff his hands in his pockets only to realize that he didn’t have any in the accursed white hospital scrubs. He grumbled incoherently as I gilded the group of killers to the small hunting cabin.

“I don’t know why you needed to ask to use a cabin, we could have just taken and cleaned up afterwards. Nobody would’ve known.” Masky grumbled loudly enough to be heard over Radio’s police scanner noises.

“Because it belongs to a close friend I care about…” I trailed off, hoping he wouldn’t ask anymore questions, the last thing I needed on my plate was the death of Connor and his family. It wasn’t any of his business to know any of them.

Luckily it didn’t take us long to get to the cabin, hearing Slender’s sigh of relief, at this point I think mostly everyone was exhausted, even the Slender brothers. I wasn’t even sure if those four actually needed sleep, but they at the very least needed a break.

I open the door and walk in, coughing at the dust that flew from different  places. Connor hadn't used this old hunting cabin since his father passed five years ago, so it was pretty dusty. Masky brushed past me, bumping into my shoulder, Hoodie trailed behind him- while not being rude. I moved aside from the door Toby, Radio, and Kate walked by. Offender came in next holding out his hands his white tendrils occupied with the proxy’s clothing, Splendor ducked down and scooched in sideways with Slender still in his arms. Trender trailed behind them with his arms out, all the brothers making sure Slender doesn’t fall.

Splendor brought him over to the dusty couch and sat him down, Slender proceeded to lay down on his stomach, letting out a sigh of relief. His head propped up with a dusty pillow, arms loosely around it, his feet and a majority of his leg hung off the other end. Trender went off in search of something to stop his brother's bleeding, while Offender tossed everyone's outfits at their respective wearers then went to go search for alcohol. I have a feeling it wasn’t the kind to clean wounds. Splendor tried to comfort his injured brother.

Radio has been fairly quiet, besides his radio eyes blurting out things going on with the police scanner as he quickly raced his way to search for the bathroom first. Masky and Hoodie trailed off to line up at the bathroom hoping to change back into their normal clothes, Toby sat on the chair clothes on his lap, his body relaxed while he looked at the ceiling, feet kicked up in the recliner. Kate had sat besides the couch, picking at the white scrubs she had been forced into while she waited for the bathroom, not wanting to stand in line.

In fact it was kind of sad seeing all the colored clothes the proxies wore reduced to white hospital scrubs. I walked over to where Splendor and Slender were, staring at Slender, I couldn't help but feel a little guilty. Even though he did put himself in this situation technically…

Splendor must have seen the slight worry in my face, “are you alright Miss (Y/n)?”

“Yeah, I’m alright.” I said, just kind of lost in thought.

Slender tilted his head, glancing at me, “I appreciate your concern (Y/n), I will be fine. They’re just going to stop the bleeding, and I’ll slowly regain my powers back and heal myself. That collar they put on me, really….drained me.”

Slender’s voice was calm and reassuring, with just the hint of pain and tiredness hidden in his tone.

(Ey yo whaddup it's your girl, back at it again with another chapter. I got a biiiiiiig project coming up for a final so I'm not 100% sure when I will update again but when I have time and I'm not dying inside I'll try to write little bits here and there)

(Please enjoy and comment down below: which one is your favorite gen 9 starter so far?)