39: Basement

(Chapter - 39)

(Chapter - 39)

(WARNING: MENTIONS OF BLOOD AND CORPSES. DON'T READ THIS IF YOU AREN'T COMFORTABLE, I WILL LEAVE A SUMMARY IN THE END.)

Y/N descended the flight of steps with caution, attempting to be as careful as possible after each step down to avoid slipping off the stairs. The stairs were fairly long, and slipping on a step meant that she would almost certainly end up in a hospital, or that no one would be able to come and rescue her since she had entered the concealed region without the permission of the elders, and she may be dead by the time they discovered her.

She eventually landed on a concrete surface and began exploring the surroundings using her phone's flashlight.

At that sudden moment, the corridor lights suddenly flicked on, jolting her in surprise.

"How?" Y/N questioned herself, still perplexed by the unexpected flicking on of the lights.

"Perhaps some automation here as well..." Y/N mumbled, knowing her gen-z brothers and their gen-z mansion.

Y/N glanced down the small corridor, which was enlivened by the hanging lights that illuminated the area around her.

The environment and certain rare artefacts hanging on the walls reminded her of a museum. There were photographs of her brothers, her father, and their ancestors.

She was intrigued by a weapon, and some information about it was inscribed on the metallic plate beneath it.

"Just another pricey artefact..." Y/N murmured and continued to look around until her gaze was drawn to the door that said 'PARK HEESEUNG.'

"I also want a room of that kind! That's unfair." Y/N stomped her feet, barging into Heeseung's office in frustration.

"The eldest sibling gets everything, and the younger ones tend to suffer every time." Y/N commented, observing the burgundy wood desk placed in the middle of the room and kicking it hard with her foot.

"AAHHH! My foot!" Y/N hopped around, clutching her now-achy foot.

"Damn it! Why do I always manage to make a joke out of myself?" She questioned herself while opening the cabinet drawer and taking out a file.

"Drugs supply?" Y/N was extremely puzzled after reading the file name, but at the same time, she knew she had gathered a clue.

"Sea Link... narcotics... armaments... gangs..." Y/N analyzed the contents of the file, making a mental note that they were undoubtedly engaging in illicit activities.