Phase 6

Phase 6

Shone

"Prax, baby," that voice..

I tried to speak but I can't open my mouth. I can't move either. What is happening?

"Mama?" a younger me responded.

My younger self is already in bed and mama is there too.

"Mama and Papa will leave again," mama said and gave me a small smile.

"Can I come?" my younger self asked, half asleep.

"I'm so sorry, baby, you can't." mama said and gently caressed my head.

"It's fine. I'll just stay here with lola," my younger self said, finally falling asleep.

I looked at mama. There are tears on her face. I'm trying so hard to move but I really can't. This isn't the reality, I'm sure. The last time I've seen her was that night. The night when she told me that they're leaving.. but then they never came back.

~~~

"Apo!" I opened my eyes real quick. I got up and I can feel my heart beating so fast.

"Are you okay, apo?" said lola.

"What happened?" I asked.

"Y-You were calling your.. Mama" she then looked away.

"Why are you here?"

"The doctor's outside. She will check your foot."

"My foot is fine. My doctor checked it and I just need to rest." I said and realized that Tiger's not here.

"Okay," she said and got out.

I looked at the wall clock and it's eight in the morning. I dreamt about my mama.. for the first time after how many years. Lola believed that mama and papa died. I don't know what caused their 'death'. But I held on to mama's words.

"Count up to one hundred then we'll be back"

I didn't mind the memory that came back and started calling Tiger.

"Tiger" I called. I opened the door slightly.

He was rushing to get to me, tongue out and his wagging tail. Then there's a boy with a ball, laughing and running behind Tiger. The boy stopped when he saw me glaring at him.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"Playing with Brownie," he said merrily.

"Playing with who?"

"I named the huge dog Brownie" he proudly said.

"How dare you name a dog that's not yours" I lazily said and tapped my thigh. Tiger then jumped and rested on my thigh.

"But I like her so she's mine now" he said with creased forehead.

"You don't even know its gender" I said.

"She's a girl!" he yelled.