[chapter twenty] me and the devil

✧∘* ˚.

Aires pov...

Just when I thought life couldn't possibly get any worse, my worst fears had slapped me in the fucking face and given me the biggest reality check of the fucking year.

And to make matters even worse, because when things could always get worse, Noah could possibly be on the darach's hit list.

Chris had somehow worked out the pattern.  It was right in front of me, the evidence of what he had discovered. Alli showed me, and suddenly, it all made sense.

He knew, he was a genius and he figured out what grouped them together. Stiles had been close, he made connections with similarities, but Chris predicated what was to come.

Philosophers, that was next. On top of everything else, Morgan has went completely MIA. At a time I arguably needed her the most.

"We have to stop him!" Allison screamed in my face whilst throwing her hands up.

"Alli-"

"Look at this, Aires! He knows everything! He's planned everything!"

"He found a pattern!" I shot back, because I knew deep down in my bones that Chris was not the Darach. "That doesn't mean he's the darach!"

He wasn't the one killing me, poisoning me.

"Why are you so sure it's not him?"

"Because, Alli. I'm so close, I'm so freaking close to knowing who it is and it's not him! Okay? It's not him."

"I can't go on that!"

I knew it wasn't a lot to go on, but nobody was listening to me, or even taking me seriously in the slightest and I was losing my shot because of it. What was the fucking point in speaking if nobody listened to you?

" If Mr Westover was taken from the school then he's going to be sacrificed on another telluric. We have to get there before it's too late."

"Go with Isaac." I dismissed whilst running my hands through my hair. "I'm gonna talk to Aiden. The darach isn't Chris but I think I know who it could be."

Even though we were at odds, even though we weren't getting along the best, I slid out of my seat, crossed the room and wrapped my arms around Allison.

"Please be careful." I whispered in her ear- because I needed her to be careful.

"You too. I love you."

"I love you."

✧∘* ˚.

Aires pov...

"Who were your old emissaries?" I mumbled whilst I laid sprawled over my bed whilst Aiden stood at the mirror, fixing his stupid fucking hair.

After the shit show at the school, I reluctantly dragged him back to my apartment and threw him into my room before Allison's outburst came. I didn't trust Aiden, but I liked him more than anyone else at that moment- which was very fucking unfortunate for me.

I hated him- but needed him at the same time. Needed information, needed him to keep my secret.

"Why?" Aiden asked, drawing out the word with a smirk.

"Just curious."

"Well, mine was a dude named Elliot."

"And he's dead?"