Chapter 4

EZRA

As I was walking towards the school, I noticed Rachel in her car, "Shit!" please, not today." she cries out nervously. I knock gently on the window; she rolls it down to see who it is, and it's me. Rachel wipes away her tears, "Are you okay, honey?" I ask when crunching down to the concrete ground to wait for her to complete; she smiles a little, gets out, and carefully takes a deep breath, "Yeah. Its just car engine is not working well," she replies as crossing her arms around the body. I stand up and give Rachel a smirking look for a second. I walk towards the front of the car and cautiously open the hood to figure out the problem; I glare fiercely and wave a hand to tell her what's going on. Minutes later, I check everything out three times to be sure, and put the hood down.

While I was continuing checking out her car, Rachel couldn't stop staring fiercely at how hot he looked from the tattoos peeking through his white t-shirt whenever I moved an inch and trying to remember some of the details on my forearm since the ink was all over the arms from top to bottom. "Okay, your car looks great," I responded as I carefully rubbed my greasy hands from the engine oil onto the back of my black jeans. "Thank you, Ezra," she said sweetly when fixing smuggled mascara under her brown eyes, and I nodded.

As seeing half of her eye makeup on her fingertips, she looks up at me, sees me scratching the back of my neck, then sees tattooed biceps. Rachel's eyes studied every detail of each extensive tattoo from top to bottom since the ink was all over both arms. "I have to get to class and fix my makeup now," she says, and I shake my head thinking she's crazy since I believe she's already gorgeous without it in those eyes. I look away, then back to Rachel, to see a tear rolling her rosy cheek and my thumb catches to wipe it out, "You don't need makeup because girls spent hours putting shit on their faces to get your beauty, but fail." I remarked on the beauty he sees in Rachel.

We smile gently and laugh together; Rachel bites her lower lip in awkwardness, then she hugs mw. While hugging her, I wrap my strong arms around her back, nuzzle my nose against her neck, smell her rose shampoo, and smile a little.

Moments later, we stop hugging, and Rachel looks deep into my eyes, ready to gently kiss me. But she can't reach for his lips from height-wise, so she stands on her tiptoes from being five-one and me being six-one. "W-What was for that?" my voice shakes in mild shock from the surprise kiss. It sent my body through an electric feeling, "Oh, I'm sorry. Sorry for the meltdown and kissing you," she silently speaks, rubbing her arm in embarrassment. However, I gently snatches her and looks at her, "It's okay. It was gentle, yet sweet," I smile.

Rachel nods, walks over to the driver's seat, and cautiously opens the door, "I have a question, if you don't mind me asking?".

"Okay, ask me anything you want,".

I stay silent and shoves my sweaty hands in the front pockets, glances down at his brown, leather boots and takes a deep breath, "Will you go out with me, Rachel Irene Carson?"; Rachel blushes and shrugs her shoulders, "How do you know my full name?" I laughed from how confused she is, "From Abby. That girl can't keep her big mouth shut for once. " he confuses. After a few seconds of silence, until she breaks it, "Um... can I at least think about it?" she replied to my surprising question in a shy tone of voice as keep a distance away from me.I reaches behind my neck to pretend to scratch but collect sweat, that's, it holds from being nervous.

"Okay. That's understandable, I mean no rush, honey, " I said and called her honey again, and she blushed, "Deal."

Rachel laughs, and she covers her mouth and her smile with her hand. But I take her hand away from it because her laugh is like music to my ears. She goes to her car, jumps in, and checks it once again to see if it works; Rachel grabs her backpack and runs off to her class. I watch her for a few seconds before going to the other direction meaning, a shortcut to watch her.