Chapter 39

EZRA

As putting on my boxers, I look behind me to notice Rachel covering her face, her perfect face with her hands. I love how she's so shy, especially around me, with rosy red cheeks.

I let out a cough, "You can uncover your eyes now," I tell her as turning around, and she does what I tell her.  I walk towards her with my arms behind me, "I know you were watching me, don't hide it," I look around the room to find my shirt or something to wear. Rachel gets off the bed, "What are you looking for?" she wonders when taking off the pillows and the blankets.

"I'm trying to find my shirt from yesterday," I say when going to the bathroom and dumping out the dirty laundry from the basket; it smells a little. Rachel came up behind me, started coughing instantly, "What is that?" she pinched her nose and laughed. I lift up the sweater and start coughing myself, "I think it's my laundry," I utter out, walking towards the door. I see the pillows on the floor, put them back in the bed, "Raya?" I wonder.

"Mmm..." she pops her head out the front of the bathroom door with a toothbrush hanging out of her mouth and toothpaste on the corners of her mouth; I tap on my lip to tell her how she looks; she smiles like a little child. Seconds later, she returns to the room with dirty towels in her hands, "Yeah?".

"Why are the pillows on the ground?" I ask.

"Because they were dirty along with the sheets  and stinky ass laundry," she demands as dropping the pillows back on the floor; I shake my head, grab one of the black silk pillows to piss her off when she's ripping off the sheets, and smack her with it.

Rachel grabs a pillow and starts screaming hard on my chest," You're on! Pillow fight!" she screams out, jumps on the bed, and I join when trying to fall as feeling the silk sheets under my feet. She doesn't say anything, turns towards me with a hint of dark hiding her eyes, and pretends smoke coming out of her ears; what did I do? But it was worth it.

Moments later, once we are out of breath from screaming and laughing, I start doing the laundry as Rachel cleans the bedroom, and I have seen her bedroom in her old dorm; she's a clean freak with folded clothes and princess looking made bed as I'm a sloppy mess, so we make a good match or whatever. When seeing the stain on my clothes, I don't remember the last time I did laundry, and I didn't even do it when I was apart from Rachel. She probably was doing better that time than I was

"Hey! the sheet is in here to be ready to clean once you are done washing your clothes," she utters slightly, placing the basket on the dryer next to the washer. As she's about to walk away, I pull her arm, "Do you mind helping me before I ruin my clothes?" I ask with a sight of guilt, and she nods. For as long I can remember, since last year, I would send out my laundry because I didn't know what to do, and I got caught with work and bullshit hookup.

...

An hour later, Rachel suggested going to the mall to get things for the apartmentlike random stuff she's putting on the list when sitting in the kitchen as I'm in the living room watching football, my favorite team, the Chicago Bears. After this shopping shit, I hope we get something to eat before I eat my dessert.

"Are you done with that list, yet?" I ask, go to the kitchen to see the list is two pages long. I never thought living with a girl would be so much. Shampoo, conditioner, all sorts of pillows, and blankets I silently read out the list to myself since we desperately need this stuff; she goes to the fridge and places it on it, "Okay, there's the list so I think we should go to your car to get my stuff," she tells me. I grab my phone to look at the weather just in case, "Hey babe, let's your stuff now because there's a storm coming late," I go to the coat rack, grab my jacket along with my car keys. Rachel and I walk to my car, open all the doors, and she sets the laundry down to stuff her throw pillows and blankets in there when I grab her suitcases filled with clothes and shoes.

Seconds later, we begin setting up the place; I hope Rachel doesn't go crazy with putting her girly fluffy stuff in the bathroom and bedroom because I will go insane when I'm downstairs placing her books in my... I mean our library. I think she has more books than I do, but now I know how she can quote books as I quote movies like breakfast club and Gatsby-like her. That's one of my favorite things about her, out of many things.