Chapter 60

RACHEL

A week later comes by, and all I can feel through my body are stress hives to my neck to down my back and nerves racing against blood between finals and work. I'm barely here at work or at the library until closing time.

*Ring Ring*

I take my eyes away from the computer, grab my phone, and an email pops up from an unknown person; it's some massage place. I'm so confused because I don't remember going to a place like that.

...

After cramping piles of work and exams in my brain for hours, I finally can leave the library. I told Alex to let me back to the place Ezra showed me a while ago, it's where I was starting to fall in love with him, and I continued smiling, thinking about it on my way to the massage appointment.

I immediately walk inside the place and smell the calming senses of lavender around me, "Hi Ms, are you here for an appointment," a lady behind me asks. I go to her, "Umm, I don't know, I got an email saying I have one today," I answer.

"Okay, what's your name?" she asks.

"Rachel Carson," I say as putting my hair up in a bun because I can feel beads of sweat coming down my neck, "Yes, Rachel Carson for the Halo Massage," she says out loud, and the way it sounds, sounds expensive, "How much is that?"

$189 for 90 mins.

My heart drops, "Oh, I can't pay that much. I mean, that's—".

"It seems like it's already paid for," she says, gets up to the shelf behind her and grab a white robe with white slippers that look like you would get as a Christmas gift, she hands me them, "These are you and once you are the back, strip down, put these on and go to room four. It's our best room," the lady says with moving her eyebrows a weird way when saying the last sentence.

Once stripped down to nothing, I put the robe on, and it feels like a soft cloud against my skin and place on the slippers. I start walking towards room four that already has a lady setting up candles, "Hi, are you ready?" she smiles, brings a tray of sensual oils next to the table, and I nod.

"Okay, please take off everything, lay face down, and relax. I'll start with your back," she says to me as washing her hands, and I do what I'm told but place one of the towels by me on my ass because it's weird if she thinks I need massaging there, "Ms is there any scent of oil you choose? We have many to select?".

I wave my hand as a signal no, turn my head to see her holding up peppermint and lavender, "Which one would you like?" she asks; I point at the lavender one because I don't wanna smell like a candy cane when coming home.

...

I left the place for two hours to feel so completely relaxed and calm, especially since finals are close. When driving home, Ezra told me that he would be home late, so I decided to pick up a pizza, if I didn't come home sooner with the smell of delicious pizza, I would park and eat it myself. I laugh at my dumb joke.

I come home holding the pizza and taking three flights of stairs since the fucking elevator is broken like it's always is. I open the door with the apartment looking like an episode of hoarders; piles of paperwork next to empty beer bottles all over the living room. I roll my eyes, set the box on the counter, and grab the trash can to start cleaning his mess. I can immediately smell the amount of beer when throwing the trash and see scribbled handwriting on the pages, and I grab one of the pages.

"He falls massively uncontrollably in love with her even if it hurts each other's heart in the end," I read out, flip through the pages, and it looks like it has been written for a while until the paper is taken away from me, turn around, and it's Ezra, "What the fuck? You think you can just scoop around without me knowing?" he yells out in a harsh tone, I look away from the strong smell on his whiskey breath, "I wasn't scooping, okay?" I dig my nails into my fist, "I was just cleaning up the mess you left, your drunk ass," I yell back and sign in frustration.

Ezra doesn't say anything when gathering everything in a folder and face me with his nostrils flaring up with anger, then calms down, "Listen, I'm sorry," he apologizes, "I don't like anyone going through my work, and also I'm not drunk, just tipsy," he tells me as walking towards the bedroom, and I follow.

Seconds later, he throws the file in the closet. I'm curious what else it's that file beside his scribbled handwriting, "Ezra?". He faces me, "Baby, I'm sorry," he quickly apologize like nothing matters, "I'm sorry too, but I don't appreciate seeing you drunk, especially you scheduled something such as a massage," I blurt out. A smile comes upon his face, "You liked it?".

I nodded yes, "It was relaxing," I responded, glancing down to his unbuttoned shirt and displaying his tanned and muscle like a work of art. How did I miss seeing that? I slightly bite my lower lip, trying not to look at them; his finger lifts my chin. "Eyes up here, but I don't mind you staring," he teases.

Oh, like you don't look at my ass anytime I walk in front of you?

He places his hand on my cheek with the other, grabs my ass, and squeezes, "It's not my fault that you are so damn sexy," he says, leans forward, and our lips connect instantly; I do the one thing that drives him crazy but his lip. Ezra smiled as lifting and slammed me against the bed with him hovering over me, his lips continuing over, leaping mine along with his tongue, then pulling away when reaching over to the nightmare and pulling out something.