Chapter 64

RACHEL (THE DEAL)

Ezra soon left the apartment without answering one of my calls or texts, so I started to get paranoid that he wanted to hook up with Olivia or someone else that I didn't know about until his old roommate Sebastian knocked on our door drives us to Holly's bar. I see Ezra surrounded by people, including I was right, Olivia, whose wrapping her arms around him.

"You know what deal we made?" I ask when hearing something about a deal they probably made coming out of his words with slamming his fist against the table; he seems almost choked up as turning around  and his eyes immediately wide up, "What she is talking about?" I ask, he places his hands shaking when kicking something under the table, and I try to see, but he steps in front of me, "Nothing, what are you doing?" he acts like everything is okay, it's not. Still, I play along anyway, "Sebastian came to the apartment—" as soon as I saw the apartment, Olivia started chocking, and I looked away to hide my smile from her reaction.

I feel Ezra's all red and shakes hand grabbing on my hand and about to drag me out of here if he can, which he would but unexpectedly Olivia keeps telling me to stay and offers me to sit down next to her as telling Ezra that I want to stay which I do, it can't be that bad.

"Waiter?" she calls the one behind Ezra, who looks like he's ready to blow by the face expression, "Yes?" the waiter comes by. Olivia orders five shots of whiskey and an apple juice box like a fucking five-year-old; she probably has an IQ average like a five-year-old which is 0, "Waiter? I will take a whiskey too," I tell him; he writes it down and goes back to the bar. As I continue wondering what's been going on, Olivia puts her arm around me like we are friends and calls me princess... again, and I roll my eyes.

"So once upon a —," she starts talking like a fairytale until Ezra yells and slams his fist against the table to cause a plate to break, and I look at him, who has watery eyes underneath eyes that take away a glimmering glim he has.

...

I look at Olivia, she looks back and forth at Ezra, and I like she's about to pour some acid down our throats, "Once upon a time, it was long before you came along so there was this special party," she says without losing eye contact with Ezra as he mouths out 'don't.'

"But..." she grabs fake-looking Gucci bag, pulls out her phone, and it shows a video, "I think it's better that I show you," she acknowledged, and hands me the phone; I stare at Ezra, then back at the phone as Olivia's pointy neon green fingernail presses play and I take a deep breath.

*Flashback in the video*

"MILLER," someone calls over Ezra to the poker table while people are playing strip poker, "Still in?" he asks as taking off his shirt. Ezra looks around with shots and chips surrounding them, along with pieces of clothing.

Ezra nods at his cards, "I will deal you seven chips," he throws the chips into the pile in front of him; Mason arrogantly shakes his head, looks at his cards, and smiles, "Wanna make a deal?" he asks, covers his card up, "Dude, I'm not doing your fucking deals anymore because my ass almost got arrested last time," he yells, and gets up. "Wait! Wait! That was not my fault, it was Sebastian's shitty cards, not mine, but I have a better one for you," he told him; Ezra rolled his eyes as sitting back down.

"What is it?" he agrees, taking another sip as Mason looks at his cards again, "The deal is," he waves Olivia, who was holding an ugly ass hat, pushes a girl next to me out of his seat, "Hey!".