Chapter 52

RACHEL

Soon after, I wake up from the most comfortable bed, but it isn't the same sleeping without Ezra's warm touch that cause goosebumps on my cold skin and his loud snorts, they sound like a truck driver; I finish up some last-minute packing before leaving for my plane, as shoving my new clothes in the car before going to the airport which I can't wait to jump in Ezra's arms.

*Knock knock*

I hear someone knocking on the door through my headphone, take them out and go over to the door, and open it, and it's Alex, Ezra's stepbrother, well not yet.

"Hi," I greet him, "Alex, right?" I ask, opening the door more for him, "Yes, and thanks," he thanks me. I close the door. As Alex sits down on the chair by the office desk, I almost forgot about Alex since the last time I saw him was the library, "Not to be rude or such but," I laugh, "Why are you here and how did you get my room number?" I ask when I start zipping up my suitcase and rolling it towards it.

Alex's phone buzzes, get it out of his pocket, glares it, then puts it back, "Hey, we should get going," he asks when walking back to the door and grabs my suitcase, "What do you mean?" I ask in confusion about what's he's talking about. Alex looks at his phone again, then back at me, "I'm driving you back home," he surprisingly says and smiles, "But I thought Lauren was going to question.

"Lauren was going to, but Ezra told me to tell you that she's busy with something if that's cool with you?" he says to me as we walk out the room. I lock the door and look over my shoulder, "Yeah, it's cool."

We continue walking out of the hotel, talking about if he didn't get me that Ezra would cut off his balls which I'm concerned about by his choice of violence.

...

Once getting off the eighteen-hour plane flight and fifteen minutes cab ride to the apartment, I notice that I need to start looking for a car because I'm going to begin running out of money or cash out my debit card if I keep doing cab rides.

*I'm almost home* I send Ezra a text with a yellow heart emoji because when seeing him will make me smile like he always does; once I get out of the cab, walk towards the apartment, I suddenly get all of these butterflies and knots in my stomach in a good way. I finally get to the door, take a breathe and open it.

"Honey, I'm home," I shout out loudly in case Ezra isn't here or doesn't hear me, as I roll my suitcase inside and lock the door. I scan the place, something it's different, and there's a bunch of blankets piled up together like a fort, I walk to it, and it's such fairy-like and beautiful; seconds later, some crackling sounds are coming from upstairs, so I walk towards the noises, look over the bedroom with roses on the bed in a shape of a heart with 'R' and 'E.'

"Surprise," someone says, seeing Ezra coming out of the bathroom wearing a black dress shirt that makes him look so good. I'm standing still in the doorway trying to catch my breath and figuring out what words to say; he strolls to me, wrapping his inked-up arms around me and spins me around in circles as you see in movies, then let's go, "You like it?" he smiles, "Like it? I love it. It's so beautiful,".

Ezra shakes his head in doubt, "No, no, no, you are the one who's so beautiful," he leans into my ear, "But so tightly sexy in those jeans," he tortures me as placing a kiss below my ear then pulls away.

...

Hours later, we went downstairs with me wearing the necklace Ezra was so kindly gifted to me. I still can't believe that he saw the lingerie to recently got; I never once got that sexy clothing, not even when I was dating Wyatt because he once said after saying my body wasn't skinner or sexier enough to wear that stuff; after that, I wanted to break up with him, but he threatened me and saying it was my fault to overeat.