Chapter 55

EZRA

A Week Later

I wake up earlier, begin to tiptoe downstairs to the kitchen before waking Rachel; go to the laundry room, grab a box that it's filled with birthday decorations that I brought the other day, so I had to stash it in my car. Moments later, the place is decorated with yellow balloons and streamers' sign 'Birthday Girl.' Suddenly I hear footsteps coming down, so I hide under the other side of the counter.

"Ezra?" Rachel's sweet voice calls out my name, and I peek a little at seeing her spraying a can of whip cream into her mouth, "BOO!" I jump out.

"AHHH!" she screams out and accidentally sprays the whipped cream everywhere, including on her face. I grab a paper napkin, go over her and wipe it off of her face, "You silly girl," I tell her. Rachel smiles, looks around the apartment, "What's all of this?" she asks, walking behind me to notice the chocolate chip waffles with banana nut muffins and apple juice. I wrap my arms around her waist, kiss her cheek, "Happy birthday, baby." Rachel leans her head back, returns a kiss, "Thank you, you did this for me?" she asks as looking at the food in the form of her, and I nod, "Of course, I can't forget your special day," I go back around the counter, grab the gifts with purple wrapping paper that has bears on it on them

"Before you ask, yes, they say 'Congratulations.' The store ran out of wrapping paper due to Christmas, so I had to go to the baby section," I joke. We both laugh as she grabs the rectangle box and starts tearing the paper apart. Her brown eyes glare up, then back to the box to open it and sign, "What's this?" she asks, flipping the back of the necklace, and tears fill up in her eyes, "Ezra James Miller loves Rachel Irene Carson," she reads out loud.

I walk to her, place my hands between her beautiful face, "I love you. Always have, always will, and always going to love you until I can't breathe, Rachel," I confess, and it feels like a weight getting off my chest saying that's out loud; she kisses my lips with slipping her tongue in my mouth and releases, "I love you too Ezra James Miller," she confuses back with a smile.

"Don't say too," I kiss her forehead, take her hand and place it over my heart, "Feel that?" I ask, and she nods, "Yeah, and why not too?".

"Don't say it, please," I beg, and she nods okay, I lift her chin, "Around you, my heart does several backflips," I kiss her forehead again.

...

After hours of watching movies and talking about everything, I know every detail of Rachel that she's allergic to cheddar cheese, didn't know how to ride a bike until she was twelve, and so many more, so much more about her that I have loved every minute. I get up from the couch with only boxers since it was only her request for today.

"Where are you going? I thought you wanted to watch this," she asks when pointing at the tv, I nod No and walk to the bedroom. Once I get to the closet, I pull my dark grey dress pants off a hanger along with a white shirt, then hear a whistle, and it's Rachel, "Damn, why getting so dressy?" she asks.

Without an answer, I look back at her, button up my dress, "We are going out somewhere, so put on something sexy, but that shouldn't be too hard for you," I admit and push the bottom of my shirt inside my pants. Rachel smiles, fixes my crooked grey tie, "Where are we going?".

"I'm not telling you, missy, so get your ass dressed, or you won't have a very happy birthday," I threatened, she took a hard swallow of her pride and nodded as going to the closet.