Chapter 35

EZRA

"Are you on medication that's making you act like this?" Rachel asks as drinking and rolls her eyes; I walk towards her, but she backs away, "Stay away. You are going bananas."

I shake my head, and I love but hat how she's so stubborn. I go to the office area in the living room, go to my desk's bottom drawer, and grab the apartment lenses that I signed two years ago, but I still hang out in my old dorm room if I'm too drunk to drive back here. I return to her and hand them to her, "Here, this is my lense. I can talk to the landlord about you living here if you want," I tell her, and her brow arched up, "You serious?".

"Yes, I am. But if you want, you can think about it," I grab a water bottle for myself and turn to her to see tears filling her face; I rush to her, " Hey, hey, hey? What's wrong?" I question and tucks her hair behind her ear to see the beautiful eyes filled with loss and sorrow as being quiet, "Can you please let me think about it and drive me back to my dorm?" she asks, wipes the tears, and unexpectedly hugs me, "Please take me?" she whispers in my ear, looks at me and I nod yes.

...

Moments later, we arrive at Rachel's dorm building; I stop the car and see her gale find at the building. God, I always hated this building among the reasons like it's where the party girls live like her classy but shitty roommate Abby, but luckily Rachel is entirely different. She's beautiful and so smart, almost too intelligent, that she can easily quote Gatsby.

"I will be right back, please stay here," she says as rubbing my hand; I nod, and she gets out of the car. I hope nobody likes Abby or, even worse, Olivia there.

*Ring Ring*

I grab my phone ringing, and it's mom calling; I roll my eyes. She's probably calling to beg me once again for the thousand times to come to the Utah trip soon. But I'm not coming because I would have nothing there and leave Skylar.

"Hi mom, what's up?" I answer.

"Hello son, did you get those files I sent to you yesterday and would you please come?" she begs I figured she would; one time about my mother that she doesn't take no for an answer.

I roll my eyes repeatedly, adjust myself in my seat, "For the last time, no and before you beg me, no again," I yell out since she found about the Utah transfer, "Mom, can you do something for me well... it's mostly for Rachel, Rachel Carson," I question, and she said yes when telling her about her living situation; she said she would see what she can do so far, but it's going to be tricky without telling her.

...

As I was sitting and listening to music in the car, I saw through the window that Rachel and Lauren were both laughing about something as carrying two big boxes. Rachel looks ready to fall over, so I rush towards her and grab the box from her. Shit! It's heavy, "What the hell is in here? Bricks?," I joke.

Rachel laughs, "No, my books are on there so be careful and, I asked Lauren to help us out," she says when putting her stuff in the back of my car; I glare at Lauren, if she's telling me that I have to sit in the same car with her, please throw me across the road. I can't stand, but of the sakes of Rachel, I have to. Lauren goes by Rachel, and they laugh, "What's so funny?" I ask as going to the driver's side.

They look at each other; Lauren puts her boxes behind the passenger seat, "Rachel bitch slapped Abby but she deserved it," she exclaims out, and my eyes wide up when turning to Rachel whose blushed as proud, "What did you do?" I surprisingly didn't know that she had the heart to be that courageous.

"Abby along with Olivia was saying about using me but I didn't believe them but they were probably hangover," she answers with a smile. Those fucking girls just set the fire in my body that I'm ready to blow up.

...

As driving back to the apartment, I try not to force with what Abby and Olivia said to her but, on the other hand, try to avoid the torture that Rachel begged to keep as they both sing very loudly to 'Wannabe' by the spice girls. As annoying as the song is when Lauren sings like a dolphin speaking, Rachel sings like an angel.

"IF YOU WANNABE MY LOVER, YOU GOTTA GET WITH MY FRIENDS," they loudly sing. I swear if this song doesn't end in five minutes, I will rip off my radio.

...

*The Next Day*

While I'm working on my computer to send the files that my mom was asking for; the files are for the company since I have been to the company's trip before and it's all about winning when the investors say yes to our companies so, after the meetings, you go to a nightclub to get all drunk and wild.

*Knock, knock*

It's maybe Collin to ask to grab some lunch whenever he likes to take his sweet ass time to eat or even come over here, but he's one of the few people I can stand in the entire building who's not annoying.

"Come in," I call out; finally he's here.

I hear the door open to smell something so sweet like her perfume of roses and vanilla, "Hi baby," I say but stop breathing once I see Olivia standing by my door, "Hi to you too, baby," she says as walking toward my desk to drag her finger on a picture frame and grabs it, "Aww, cute. You have a picture of you two," she says with a smirk.

"Don't call me that. What are you doing here?" I utter out, snatch the frame away from her, and put it back in despite; walk to the door to close, suddenly she pushes me against the wall and shoves her tongue down my mouth. Then I push her off, but she has an excellent grip to see in the corner of my eye, Rachel with a shocked look and eyes filled with the hurt of shock.

I shove Olivia away from me, "Get the fuck off of me and away from here," I yell at her and rush towards the door; once I'm out in the hallway, Rachel is nowhere to be found. Fuck! I ran all over the building to see her, checking every women's bathroom, but I had no luck until I found but I had no luck until I found Jade walking past me.

"Jade, do you know where Rachel is?" I ask.

"Yeah, I saw a few moments ago going to the copy room for some reason," she tells me, pointing in the direction she went to. I nod and continue running.