Chapter 24

RACHEL

As waking up with a smile from dreaming about the perfect date, a moonlight candle dinner to the end of it with a kiss to seal it until it ends when hearing noises from Abby throwing half of her clothes on her bed, "What are you doing?" I ask, grab my phone, and gasps that it's already 1 in the afternoon. Damn! I almost wasted my day sleeping. But it was a good dream.

I get out of my bed because I will not waste the day, especially since I have a day with the secret admirer. I hope it's like my dream with Prince Charming; what am I? A five-year-old or twenty. I shrug my shoulders as not caring.

"I'm trying to find an outfit for a party," Abby answers and decides to wear a plaid dress or a band shirt with a cherry red skirt. I roll my eyes, annoyed, " Why do you go to parties? I mean do you go to class?" I utter out, go to my closet to change out my pink silk pajamas, and find a pair of jeans and a black shirt. The shirt smells like Ezra, all musky and citrus but mysterious; as putting it on, I get a good smell of it and begin to sneeze.

"Are you okay there?" Abby asks when sliding off her shirt to reveal her breast, almost slipping out of it, when I accidentally look over to my clothes.

"Yeah, I'm okay. I just have the case of the sneezing," I lie. Abby nods, picking the plaid dress, "I only have classes twice a week and also my parties are my business" she snaps like the bitch she is. How the fuck did I get her as a roommate?

"I'm sorry I asked," I apologize.

...

A while later, after replying to emails for work and submitting my last manuscript to Jade, I go to Lauren's apartment so she can help get ready for my mystery date.

I knock on her door when my outfit and such, "Hey girly!" Lauren greets me with a smile, opens the door, and I come in, see a guy lying on the couch watching a Cubs game. I come in, place my stuff on the chair, "Hi. I'm Rachel" I nervously introduced myself, and he looked at me then back towards the game.

"Daniel! Don't be rude to my friend," Lauren shoots at him, slams the door runs to him and hits him with a pillow. He rolls his eyes and sits up, "Sorry, I'm Daniel."

Oh okay. You must be her boyfriend?

Lauren and Daniel look at each other and laugh, "Eww gross! He's my brother he's visiting".

Is everyone either hooking up or related? I haven't had a hook-up or have siblings. I'm like the little virgin orphan girl that nobody wanted from Wyatt being a dick and my mother being a bitch and abusing me.

"Well, we will be in my room. Don't break my shit when losing," Lauren sarcastically said, grabbed my things, walked into her room, and followed her. I close the door when Lauren holds many makeup products from her desk and curling iron.

Once I'm changed, Moments later, Lauren finishes curling my hair and putting a pearl clip on the back. I look in the mirror, "Oh! I look so.." I try to compliment myself but can't think of one.

"Hot, or beautiful or all the above," she explains how I look, and I smile.

*Ring Ring*

My phone brings to ring, grab it, and it's an unknown number.

"Hello?" I answer.