Chapter 19

EZRA

The Next Day

...

Day 1

It's only been one day since I haven't heard from Rachel, and this is the most empty I have felt in my whole life. Even with a hangover from shoving at least multiple whiskeys down my throat to avoid the acne and pain from losing, probably the best thing that happened to me in a long time, I fucked it up. The first half of today, I kept driving past her dorm building; to see if she was there or not, but I stopped after five times before people thought I was a stalker. But I can fucking care less what they think about me.

Once I drive back to my dorm, I walk to my room; there's Olivia and Abby with Sebastian. I swear these girls are like tiny ants that won't go away.

"Hi, Ezra. How's the virgin? Oh, I meant Rachel?" Olivia asks when getting off of Sebastian's lap; thank god I came in right before they all start having a threesome or fucking or something. I annoy them, go to the bottom desk drawer to get something, "What are you doing, baby?" Abby asks as walking by me.

None of your business.

Abby watched what I was doing; she touched my arm, " How about we have some private time?" she said in a breathy tone when gently biting down my earlobe. Man, that feels good, but it's not right. I look at her and the others; I push her off, grab what I need, and leave. Olivia snatches the notebook, reads some pages of it, " Wow! Did you write a diary saying, "'Dear diary, I like miss virgin'" she says then puts it behind her back. I feel a sense of anger through my blood as I lean closer and push her to the ground.

"What the fuck, Ezra!" she yelled out.

I take back my notebook. It's not a fucking diary, and diaries are for little girls. I bend down to her level, "Don't ever talk about Rachel like you know her. So Shut the fuck up," I threaten her and leave the room to get away from their whiny asses.

I get back to my car and maybe go to class for once. I already missed the first period, Physics, so fucking boring. The second class is English which Ms. Woods; she's okay, but I'm smarter than anyone in that class from already reading the old classic book she recommended; I lied to Rachel about reading 'The Great Gatsby.'

When finally getting to the building, I see my phone ringing, and it's my boss, Mr. Martinez.

"Hey, what do you want?" I answer.

Mr. Martinez let out a cough, "Hi to you too, Ezra. I wondered if you sent your manuscripts already. If not, I need them by five o clock tomorrow." he demanded. I look at the time. It's four already, "I already sent them to you, Sir." I sign.

*On the other line*

Mr. Martinez looks in his files, his emails, then sees Ezra's copies of his draft manuscripts, "Okay, I found them. Thank You."

*Back to Ezra *

I roll my eyes, he's a dumb shit, but he pays well. Since freshman year, I have been working with him, and my mom knows him back then.

I remember Rachel saying something in the library that she needed a job and, Mr. Martinez is desperate to hire someone right now for someone like Rachel. "Um, sir? Didn't you say that you needed an intern? Because I know someone that you would be interested in?" I ask.

Day 2

It's been two days without hearing Rachel; I just don't want her, I need her. I felt empty back when I was fourteen, losing my own little sister; I didn't think I would lose anyone else in my life like I lost Skylar. But I was wrong. I spent the night in the parking lot of Holly's. Instead of going to the stupid party last night, I swear every night is a party with the same people and drinks.