Chapter 36

RACHEL

As going to my dorm room building to pack up, the hallways smell like old beer and cigarettes from parties; one of the things I'm not going to miss is all day and night parties with the same routine.

I walk towards my room and see unfolded moving boxes outside the room; I guess I should pack.

"Hey Rachel," someone calls out, looks around to notice it's Lauren coming by me: she looks so elegant with her blonde hair up in a bun and a tan blouse to match her brown eyes, "Hello. Do you mind if you can help me with packing?" I ask, grabbing my key to unlock the door.

Moments later, Lauren and I start packing everything from folding my clothes and shoes to my books; I tell her about what's happening with my parents and moving out, "Rachel, I'm so sorry. I wish there was something I can do to help." she tells me as stacking my books and school work in one box when I'm folding my clothes.

...

As taping up the finished boxes, the door starts to open; it's probably Ezra telling us that we are taking forever when it's only at least ten minutes. I look at the door, and it's Abby and Olivia smelling like booze and weed as laughing their asses off, so I just get back on rasping up the last box.

"Hey girl," Abby yells out with a smile, I smile back because I don't have time for conversation with Lauren about whatever, "Why are you moving out? Abby asks, goes to her dresser to find her makeup that's too black goth for her, "My parents can't afford me living here anymore," I answer as handing Lauren the box, and she places it by the door; I hear Abby and Olivia laughing at each other.

"What's so funny?" I ask as grabbing my purse; I look at Lauren, who's the door, to see if she knows what's going on, and she shrugs her shoulders, "Please tell what's going on?" I ask again; Abby walks towards me with her arms around her chest, "So where are you going to leave? On a park bench like a homeless person by the school? Since poor you and parents can't afford it?" she jokes as continuing laugh, "Or you going to life with Ezra whose using you?" Olivia joins in.

Suddenly I feel an urge of anger floating through my body to swipe my hand towards Abby's face; she's left shocked, so I am, but I don't regret it, maybe a little.

"You fucking bitch!" Get out here," she shouts, pointing at the door, and I do so.

...

A while later, we begin walking towards outside with two big boxes; if we don't make it to Ezra's car soon, I will fall down.

"I can't believe you slapped Abby. I didn't know you had that in you," Lauren says as moving her hair away from her face; I shrug my shoulders, "I know but you know she did deserve it," I answer.

"You have a hit of spunk if you slapped that bitch," she laughs along the way to the car that Ezra gives us a look, "What's so funny?" he asks as opening the back of the vehicle. I put the boxes in there, "Umm.. I," I nervously try to explain, "Rachel bitch slapped Abby," Lauren blurts out, and he immediately looks at me. He shakes his head as proudness with a smile.

Moments later, we drive back to the apartment, and it's almost too quiet that I can hear my own thoughts. I reach for the radio, but Ezra slightly pushes my hand away, "No," he demands with a sourpuss look.

"Why?" Lauren and I whine at him like we were little kids begging for candy before dinner; he rolls his head and gives in as he turns up the radio.