Chapter 42

RACHEL

As I'm hearing Ezra cursing up a storm, I'm figuring out what got into him to act this way, and I can see anger in his tone when saying fuck to everything as to Henry and me.

I grab my bag and walk towards him, "Hey, I'm sorry for how he acted," I apologize to Ezra for no reason. I don't know why I'm doing this, but I feel the need; Henry laughs, picks up the shirts that I picked out, like the blue striped. It looks good with his deep ocean eyes, "Trust me, it's fine because I have dealt with him and his sarcastic attitude for the last two years," he admits, throwing the clothes into his shopping cart.

"Two years?" I question.

"Yeah, after the suspension that he almost had before Andrea begged the school not to, he was barking here, and the rest is history," he knowledges me about Ezra's life. I thought he worked here because he seems to be a fantastic writer, but if only I knew if he could show what he always writes in his book.

I nod, pull my phone out of my back pocket to text Ezra real quickly to see it's still around and not in a bar.

*Ezra? I can explain. Please let me*

*I'm so sorry*

I see three dots coming up on my screen but no text back and sign; I look at Henry looking at me, "So do you know where he is?" he wonders, I shake my head no as walking back to the cart to grab my purse, and he follows.

"Where you going?" he wonders, rushes towards me with his gripping in his shopping basket, so nothing falls, "I'm leaving so I can know what's going with him," I directed grab my stuff and leaving the cart behind; Henry nods okay, "Rachel?"

Yeah?

"Be careful?" he says in a soft tone.

"What do you mean, be careful?" I question until I see in his face and tone that he means be careful of Ezra, "You mean be careful of him, right?"

He rubs the beam of nervous sweat off his forehead, "Yeah, I mean I know Ezra and his ways, so be careful," he tells me, waves goodbye, and walks away.

"Henry?" I hollow out, and he looks back in a quick second, "Yeah?"

"Thank you, and do you mind if you send information about the meeting?" I ask when putting on my jacket since Oregon's temperature has dropped lately.

"Sure, I will email you," he informs me.

...

While walking outside, I put in my jacket. I can feel my bones chilling through my body from the cold wind. I get to the passenger side of the car; thick smoke fills the whole with a glare of him lifting maybe a bottle of whiskey between his lips. So he's already high and intoxicated. Fucking great!

Ezra sees me shivering in my whole body; his eyes pop from and quickly unlocks the car; I open it up and plant my butt on the seat that feels slightly warm, he probably put on the seat heaters. I gently knock on the window and tightly wrap my light jacket around me; I don't know why I thought of wearing this one today when I know about the weather jacket. Maybe I can buy a heavier one when we get back to shopping.

He looks like an angel but acts like a devil. Damn him.

"What the hell is with you?" I blurt out at him when adjusting the heater that's blowing my face.

What?

Daze and confuse, lovely, "Don't what me. Why did you have to leave.."

"Because you are planning to leave me," he screams me, and I pull back in my seat in shock, and now I'm the confused one. I look at him with him throwing away the last puff of the cigarette outside and closing the bottle to throw it in the back seat.

"What do you mean, I'm planning to leave you? That's not true," I inform him the truth, but he just rolls his eyes as blowing me off, "What I mean is I heard yours guys conversation about you going to Colorado and you two spreading hours together," he says until he stands coughing from the leftover smoke in him.

I rub my hands around my face to warm it up because my nose is frozen, "I'm not leaving you. Henry is,".

Don't say his name, please.

I nod okay, "He's just my co-workers it and why do you think I'm fully leaving you? We live together," I say. He takes off his hat, "That's just it. We live together, and I can't s-stop," he stutters, "I can't stop liking you because without you, I'm like a empty body without any soul."

My heart drops at his words; I never knew he felt that way, I place my warm hands on his ice-cold cheeks, "I'm never leaving you. Period," I utter out, he grabs my hands and kisses them, "So you like me?" he whispers and smiles a little. I smile myself, kiss his cheek since his breath smells like a bar, "Yes, I do. Umm," I laugh, he leans in, our lips connect like a magnet with his hand holding my face, "Before you ask, yes I like you.. a lot,".

I smile, "Let's go shopping before the mall closes.

"Yeah, that will be so tragic," he remarks, and I roll my eyes in annoyance.

...

Three hours later, going to every home decor store, from buying gray paint to fighting about which bedding we should get, Ezra and I start driving back to the apartment to decorate.

"Hey, wanna get something to eat or cook something at home?" I ask when pulling up a McDonald's. Home with him sounds like Heaven to me, "Let's get food here so we don't have to worry at home," he answers; I nod. The way his lips say the word home sounds more heavenly than he looks right now.

Once we are eating greasy but delicious food at home and decorating home, we fall asleep on the couch with the tv still on.

Two Worlds Crossed जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें