fire- tommy

'tommy?' wilbur said chuckling.
'w-WHAT.' tommy spluttered, trying to play it off as if he hadn't just been falling asleep.
'tommy you need to go to sleep.' phil laughed.
'b-but.'
'tommy! bed. now.' techno pointed to the stairs.
tommy huffed and then walked up them, he was annoyed. he could hear them all laughing and watching tv. why couldn't his stupid body stay awake.

he begrudgingly climbed into bed. trying to fall asleep to prove his own point that he wasn't tired, but his plan totally backfired because the second his head hit the pillow he fell asleep.

...

tommy was awoken by screams. he sat up quickly, drawing his knees to his chest, whimpering from the uncertainty.

'TOMMY?!' he heard a muffled voice yell.

then someone rushed into his room. why couldn't he see their face properly? that's when tommy realised, his bedroom was filled with smoke.

'TOMMY. QUICK THERES A FIRE! C'MERE.' the person shouted. he felt himself being lifted up.

'shit.' they said.

'you're gonna have to jump out the window.'
'n-no, i-i can't.' he said, sobbing.
the mysterious figure lifted tommy onto the windowsill. 'YOU'RE GONNA HAVE TO GO TOMS.' the person screamed.

tommy realised at that point he still had no idea who it was he was talking to. he turned to look.

'm-m-mum?' he whispered.
'i'm right here tommy.' she hugged him tightly before her presence disappeared. all he was hugging now was the thick black smoke that was burning his lungs.

'TOMMY!' he heard techno, wilbur and phil shout from below.
'WE'LL CATCH YOU OKAY?! YOU NEED TO JUMP.' phil yelled.

'you can do it tommy. believe.' a soft voice whispered from behind him.

'stay with me?'

'always.'

he squeezed his eyes shut and took the leap of faith.

he felt like he was falling forever. but eventually he fell into the arms of techno.

'quick put him on a bed!' phil said, pulling over a hospital bed that the ambulance had provided.

techno lay him down, stroking the hair off of tommy sweaty forehead. 'tommy are you alright?'

'm-mum.' tommy whispered.
'what did he say?' phil asked.
'he- he said mum.' techno said.
'tommy kristin is dead, she died years ago. it's just me, you, techno and wilbur now. remember?' phil explained sadly.
'n-no she- she helped me. i saw her.' tommy said, trying to sit up.
'woah, lay down tommy.' techno said, pushing the boy down.
'NO- NO SHE DID SHE HELPED ME SHE SAID TO JUMP.' tommy yelled.
'oh god, do you think he knocked his head?' wilbur asked.
'I DIDN'T.' tommy started sobbing.

wilbur climbed onto the bed next to tommy, letting the boy snuggle into him.

'i saw her. she hugged me.' he sniffled.
but the three of them just gave him sorrowful looks.

———
okay but this was just going to be about a fire i have no idea why kristin suddenly popped up lol. i really do make these up on the spot tbh.

ugh. i have school in like 30 minutes i need to hurry up but i can't be bothered to get out of bed.

author <3