slingshot- tommy

'COME ONNNN TOMMY.' wilbur pleaded, 'you'll be fineeee it's only a ride!' he said.

tommy looked up at the slingshot ride that was catapulting people into the air. 'but wilbur it's so high.' he said unsurely.

wilbur grabbed tommys hand and dragged him towards the queue, 'yes two tickets please.' wilbur said smirking. he assumed tommy was just a little nervous, he didn't think he was really that scared.

wilbur lead tommy to the seats and the man put the bar down before tommy could even open his mouth.
'wilbur.' tommy whimpered.

'WIL? TOMMY?' phil shouted from behind the railings of the ride, 'WILBUR HE HATES HIGHTS WHY IS HE ON THERE?' he yelled worriedly.

tommy had started panicking, his eyes rapidly moving and his breathing becoming short gasps for air. 'tom?' wilbur asked, a little guilty, 'it's okay it'll be over soon bud im sorry i thought you just needed a push to get on it.' wilbur admitted.

techno was yelling at the ride operator to let them off but he just laughed and said 'his own fault shouldn't have got on should he.' and then the man pressed the start button.

the line leant back, tommys eyes were full of tears and his whole body was shaking.

'will m' scared.' he mumbled.
'it's okay tommy, it's okay.' he tried to reassure him.

'GO!' he heard someone shout.

air flew in his face, he tried to keep his eyes shut but as he felt himself falling he opened them. he started sobbing, screaming and yelling, anything to get off this ride.

he couldn't even hear what wilbur was saying anymore. he was hyperventilating, trying to breathe but failing.

the ride lowered back after a few moments, eventually getting back to the ground. tommy was sobbing uncontrollably, he reached his arms out, techno grabbed him. he picked up the boy and gave a dirty look to the ride operator, who looked a little sheepish seeing the state tommy was in.

techno brought the boy to a quiet spot, a bench in the shade far away from the fairground.

'tommy? it's me techno it's okay!' he said softly.
tommy looked up from where he had buried his head and sniffled, whimpering a little.

'i don't like it u-up high.' he muttered.
'i know i know tommy.' phil answered, rubbing tommys back.

'tommy i'm so sorry, i didn't realise.' wilbur said, he looked upset that he'd made tommy so scared.

'i-it's okay.' he sniffled.

———

sorry this was kinda short i just ran out of ideas at the end. if you can't tell by now i do just think of an idea and write it down without a solid ending that's well thought out. 💪🏼

author <3