exams- tommy

he opened his paper, his head already pounding from his lack of sleep due to worry. The exam hall was quiet, filled only with the occasional cough or click of a pen.

he tried his hardest to focus but his attempts where futile. tears began pooling in his eyes, threatening to fall.

tommy can't take it anymore, he shoves his chair back and rushed out. every eye was on him in that moment. he heard teachers shouting at him, he continued, now running through the hallway.

he ran to the outside gate, which he pushed open and exited from.

he finally let the tears fall. he was such a disappointment. he couldn't even finish an exam, in fact he could barely even start it. embarrassing.

so embarrassing.

his thoughts chocked him, wrapping their menacing arms around his brain.

he began running, making his way back to the house, he knew wilbur and techno would be there since they had a day off.

he opened the door, a sob escaping his lips which he had tried to hold back.

'tommy?' wilbur said worriedly.
he ran over to the boy, scared now. 'what happened bud? aren't you supposed to be in an exam?' he knelt down in front of tommy.

the boy opened his mouth to speak but another sob came out instead. he buried his head in wilbur's shoulder, his knees buckling.

wilbur picked him up gently and carried him over to the sofa to where a very concerned looking techno was sat.

'tommy, deep breaths okay?' techno said softly, he began breathing louder so that tommy would copy him.

after tommys breathing had settled, techno decided it was time to ask again what was wrong.

'i-i couldn't do it' tommy whimpered. tears flowed down his cheeks, 'i'm s-sorry.'

'tommy? it's okay bud, we don't care what grades you get, exams don't determine how smart you are. you're bright and sweet and intelligent and no exam could ever tell us otherwise.' wilbur replied.

'r-really?' he sniffled.

'yes really.' techno chuckled.

tommy snuggled up to his brothers, he felt much better now.

———

sorry for taking such a long break i've just had so many exams i can't even 😫

author <3