bad grade, bad father- tommy

'congratulations everyone, you all did great in your exams!! well, not everyone, there was one exception. Tommy. come up and explain to everyone why you bumped the average down.' his teacher snarled.

tommy shrunk in his seat, wanting the ground to swallow him up. 's-sorry.'

'get up here. NOW.' the teacher growled.

tommy shakily stood up, anxiety building with each passing second. he looked around at the eyes that followed him as he walked to the front. he tried to stand there, he really did, but he couldn't.

tommy ran.

he ran straight out of the classroom and then out of the school. luckily it was the end of the day anyway so the gates where open.

he cried silently the whole way home.

he unlocked the door, and was hit with the strong stench of alcohol. he gulped, his dad was home.

'TOMMY. WHY THE HELL HAS YOUR TEACHER CALLED ME?' he yelled. 'YOU FUCKING DISAPPOINTMENT.' he barged into the room, smacking tommy across the head with a beer bottle.

tommy gasped, holding his hand to his bleeding head. 'd-dad i'm sorry i-'

'DONT MAKE EXCUSES.' he snarled. 'GET OUT OF MY SIGHT NOW, YOU WILL STAY THERE AND NOT LEAVE FOR A WEEK AS PUNISHMENT. DO YOU UNDERSTAND?'

'I SAID DO YOU UNDERSTAND.'

'y-yes.' tommy turned and ran, he was terrified of his dad. he had been for a while but this moment made him fearful for his life, he wasn't sure how far he would go.

he shut his door, only to hear angry footsteps and then someone rattling on the other side. the footsteps then walked down the stairs.

tommy walked to the door, praying what he thought might've happened hadn't.

locked.

there was no escape, tommy was locked in and his windows wouldn't open big enough to get out of.

his dad had his phone and had taken all electronics from his room. or so he thought.

'my old pc.' tommy muttered.

he plugged it in, it didn't work very well but it meant tommy could call someone for help.

he opened discord and looked for wilbur's name. he decided to text rather than call since he didn't want his dad hearing any noise.

wilbur help me
my dad hurt me and he's locked me in my room
please wil

wilbur responded almost immediately

tommy?!
i'm coming bud hold on okay
i'll be there soon i'm not too far from your house
phil and techno are with me
we're coming.

tommys pc went dark. he looked out the window, tears running down his face, he looked in the mirror.
he had blood in his hair and down his cheek, splatted even on his top.

he suddenly saw a car, pulling up outside his house. emerging quickly from it was wilbur phil and techno.

the three of them went up to the door and soon were out of view.

tommy heard shouting, yelling and crashing from downstairs. he sobbed, curling into a ball in the corner of his bedroom.

then he heard someone rattling his door handle. and eventually the door swung open.

'TOMMY?' wilbur shouted, he saw tommy.
'oh god tommy it's okay, we're here to help you!' wilbur said, crouching in front of tommy who was trembling. 'we need to sort that cut out when we get back to my place toms.' wilbur added. 

he wrapped his arms around tommy, allowing the boy to lay his head on his shoulder.

he gently picked him up, carrying him out of his bedroom. tommy whimpered, scared his dad might hurt him again. 'techno and phil sorted him out don't worry tommy.' wilbur said softly.

he walked out to the car and sat with tommy on his lap, in the back seats. 'we're gonna get you to my place and you'll be safe, we will all look after you, we won't let that man anywhere near you okay?'

tommy nodded, sniffling.

techno and phil came from the house, both looking triumphant.

they got in, turning and facing tommy. 'hey mate, it's okay we sorted him out.' phil reassured.
'yep he won't be coming anywhere near you i promise.' techno said sternly, softening as he fondly ruffled tommys hair.

'you're safe now tommy.' wilbur whispered.

———

obv he not gonna see this but still...

happy 18th birthday tommy!! you make me so unbelievably happy, you deserve the world.

author <3