[chapter twenty three] the violet door

TW: Mentions of suicide

✧∘* ೃ ⋆。˚.

Aires pov...

"Aires!"

At the sound of my name, my eyes shot open just as a scream left my lips. Cautiously, I glanced around the large white room whilst I choked on my knees for air. Quickly, my hand flew up to the side of my neck, rubbing small circles as I tried to soothe the burning sensation that lingered in my throat.

Nobody was in the room, deafening silence was the only thing that filled the room. So who the hell called my name?

"Hallway." I commanded to myself, remembering Deatons words as I forced myself onto my feet. 

Deaton said I had to choose a door and stay behind it, his warning replayed in mu head like a broken record player as I frantically ran around in circles.

"Breathe, Aires!" I commanded whilst placing a hand over my chest as I forced myself to stop moving. 

Scott, Stiles and Allison's lives depended on me. I couldn't mess anything up.

Shaking my head, I slowly walked towards the other side of the large room, narrowing my eyes at the 'hallway' that Deaton had mentioned. Everything was white. White doors, white walls. I couldn't help the nauseous feeling that prickled in my stomach the closer I got. 

Everything was white except one violet coloured door that sat at the end of the hallway.

There had to have been over twenty five doors, all of them identical except the one at the bottom of the hall. How the hell was I supposed to know which one was the correct one? The safe one?

"Let your mind guide you, Aires." I whispered to myself like an idiot as I slowly  began taking steps down the hallway, allowing mu mind to control me. 

But as my fingers brushed over the cold doorknobs, my eyes snapped open, alarm filling them.

"Aires."

It was the same voice from earlier, the one that woke me up. It lurked somewhere in the walls, calling out to me. Quickly, I shook my head and turned back to the door in front of me. It was the one I felt most calm at, a random white door, it was where my mind had guided me.

But just as I went to open it, I jumped out of my skin. "Aires." The voice repeated, making me flinch away from the door.

I knew I had to go through the door, Deatons warning still echoed in the back of my mind, however, my feet remained frozen to the floor. It was simple, what to do, and yet I couldn't do it. 

"Just turn the doorknob and go in." I whispered frustratedly to herself, forcing my eyes to stay glued on the plain white door in front of me.

"Aires." 

But it was there again, so tempting

The voice echoed, and that time it was louder, like it was closer to me.

Panic prickled in my chest as my fingers tightened around the doorknob. But no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't force myself to walk through the door. Something was stopping me, trapping me. Somewhere in the back of my mind, a voice screamed for her to run into the white door, to hide in safety until it was time to come out.

"Aires." The voice whispered again, yet this time it sounded like it was behind me, sending a chill down my spine. 

Slowly, I peeled my eyes off of the white door and moved towards the violet door at the end of the hallway. Deatons warning was screaming at my in my mind, warning me to choose the right door. I knew the violet door was the wrong one. However, before I could stop it, the whispering voice corrupted my mind and carried me towards the violet door.