Sector JP, Chapter 4: Ururu's Feelings

Today's chapter doesn't have much action, and it's mostly a cool-down. It is Ururu, after all. XD Caesar cryptogram.

Chapter 4: Ururu's Feelings

Sector JP Treehouse

It was raining heavily over Karakura Town tonight, so the JP members stayed safe in their treehouse. While Yuzu was doing laundry and Kodama was experimenting with waterproof fireworks, Karin was playing Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Adventure on her 4DS; the sequel to Tri Force Heroes, but with an actual storyline. She was sitting on the couch with her legs arched up, wearing her white T-shirt with pink pajama shorts.

She saw Jinta Hanakari come into the living room, his hair wet after just taking a shower. "Hey, Jinta." she called. "You wanna try and get more Rupees than me?"

Jinta shrugged. "Okay."

He got his own DS and sat on the opposite side of the couch from Karin. His legs were also arched up so his and Karin's feet were next to each other in the center. They were silently staring at their screens for several minutes, and the only sounds were of Link's sword in sync with their button taps. "...So, Jinta... you're not still mad about the boxing tournament, are you?"

"Hm?" He glanced up briefly before refocusing on his game. "Why would I still be mad?"

"Because I made it look like you were-"

A firework explosion went off in Kodama's room the moment Karin said that.

"...Oh. Not really, I'm not mad."

"Oh." Karin said simply. They kept playing in silence for several seconds. "...I'm sorry." Jinta glanced up with a brow raised. "I didn't approve of what you were doing, but... what I did was wrong. You didn't deserve to be humiliated like that. I hope you can forgive me..."

Jinta smirked, detecting a soft spot in her iron will. He kicked her between the legs, Karin starting and blushing. "You think I want your apology? You got lucky because I was worn out from beating those other girls. In a real fair fight, I'd punch you senseless."

"Hmm." Karin spared him a wry smirk. They kept playing their game, mashing buttons faster to outbest the other. Almost out of nowhere, they had a drive to beat each other, and they enjoyed the competition. In the end, there was a victor.

"YES!" Jinta cheered. "Bask in my wealthy glory, Karin!"

"Mmm." Karin rolled her eyes. "I guess what I'm trying to say is, even though you're an idiot, you're still a member of my team. So your slip-ups are mine."

"Yeah, maybe they are. Be a better leader." he retorted.

"Shut up." Karin lightly kicked one of his knees.

"Heheh." Jinta kicked hers. They both made little laughs as they kept throwing kicks.

From the dark of the hallway, Ururu Tsumugiya watched with a downtrodden expression. Dressed in a yellow pajama shirt and pants, Ururu quietly walked to her room, climbed in bed, and tried to fall asleep. She hugged a small, stuffed lion plushy, giving herself makeshift comfort that the storm wouldn't get her. Of course, that wasn't the only thing keeping her up. "Sigh..."

Kodama's room, the next day

"When are you gonna tell Jinta how you feel?" Kodama's voice asked through the earpiece in Ururu's Tiny Devil.

"Because I'm afraid he'll laugh at me." Ururu replied softly, fixing a few tiny parts within the firework's structure.

"Why would he laugh at you? I mean, I know he's Jinta, but I thought you two knew each other well enough."