Operation: CLOWN, Part 5: Mocha's Sacrifice

Okay, everybody, it's time to make like they do on One Piece and GET to rushin' mode!

Chapter 5: Mocha's Sacrifice

Building R Control Room

"Shurororororo!" Caesar cackled joyously, watching the monitors. "Ahhh, look at those fools scurry like simple rats! I can't WAIT to see how they look as SUPER-mutants!"

As his surrounding henchmen watched the monitors as well, they noticed something very familiar about that Bang Gas. "M...Master Caesar?" one spoke.

"Hmmm? What?"

"That explosion earlier... well... it looks just like the explosion from 25 years ago. The one that mutated all of us."

"Mmmmm..." Caesar tried to think.

"You said...You said Gerald Robotnik caused that explosion... didn't you?"

"..." Caesar could still remember that day.

25 years ago. Punk Hazard was still an active place. And Caesar was much younger. He hadn't created his gassy coat yet, his horns were absent, and his hair was much shorter. He stood before a machine with a container of Bang Gas, staring at the red button with malice. "What are you doing?..." He turned around, seeing the bald man with the white mustache, and blue glasses that was his master: Gerald Robotnik. "You know that thing is experimental. You can doom us all."

But Caesar wasn't scared. He merely grinned maniacally as he declared, "I'm willing to risk ANYTHING for the sake of SCIENCE!"

"Don't people's lives matter to you?! People were never meant to be test subjects! Some things are more important than science..."

"Is THIS coming from my so-called MASTER?! To call you the greatest scientist in the world is an INSULT to us all! One day, I will show the world that CAESAR Jonathan Clown is the greatest genius in the world, and NOT your inferior intellect!"

"Caesar! Wait-"

"In the name of science-" he raised his finger high above the button, "I PRESS THEEEEE!" His finger slammed down, and in just 10 seconds, the island exploded with Bang Gas.

A few years passed before Caesar returned. He cleared the humongous cloud of Bang Gas and stuffed it into a garage in the Burning Lands. He was ecstatic to see what mutants became of the people who remained on the island. To his disappointment... there was little change about them. Well, their lower bodies were those of animals, and they had horns... but they were barely mutated at all.

"Ho-o-o-o, THANK you, Master Caesar!" one of the men exclaimed tearily. "If we can all get home!..."

"HOME?? Do you expect GUN to let you run around with THOSE?!" He indicated their animal parts. "I had only just escaped my imprisonment because I was mutated! I'm a freeeeeaaaak." His face bore a very sad look as he wept. "And they'll treat YOU all the same way, TOO. And it's ALL that Gerald Robotnik's fault! Letting out all that Bang Gas... The only way you'll survive in this world is if you stay with me. GUN will be afraid to come back here because of what's happened... so as long as you stay here and work under me, you'll never have to worry about arrest..." And his evil smile returned.

Caesar's head was down as he sighed depressedly. "I tried to stop him... but he inSISTed on blowing it up. He wanted to do ANYthing for the sake of science. He never cared about the lives of his workers... and because of him, neither of us can ever go home. And the only way to make money is to sell to criminals using this underground business. I'm terribly sorry..." he sniffled and held an arm over his weeping eyes, "I can't do anything more for you."