Sector JP, Chapter 2: Yuzu the Sleepwalker

WOW! I just learned Yuzu is voiced by Janice Kawaye in the English dub! More props to Bleach!!

Chapter 2: Yuzu the Sleepwalker

Sector JP Treehouse

"Ahhhhhhh..." Karin let her arms hang over the edge of the bathtub. The steaming water made her heavy. "How did the old Kids Next Door survive without baths." She rolled on her front and let her head droop over. "Surely there had to be a limit with this 'adult tyranny' thing." She went back to the previous position. "Cheren really made a good leader after all. He's hell of a lot better than..." Karin became lost in thought, her head light as the steam around her.

Her eyes closed and cracked open, and when the blurriness cleared, she saw Yuzu standing over her. "YAAH!" She sat upright and covered her chest. "DAMMIT, Yuzu, don't scare me like that!"

"I'm just making sure you're having a squeaky bubbly bath, Karin!" She smiled brightly. "You're washing your hair with shampoo, right?"

"Yes, and I'm tired of you walking in on me when I'm BATHING!"

"Oh, Karin, don't tell me you forgot that we used to bathe together when we were little! We got on different sides, and we splashed each other, and we liked to make those little squeaky sounds when we-"

"GO AWAY!!" Karin flushed hotly.

"Also, if you're having trouble reaching a few places, I-"

"KODAMAAAAAA!"

The Fireworks Expert burst into the room, tied two fireworks to Yuzu's shoulders that faced backward, and lit them up. "Sorry, Karin!" Kodama saluted.

"WHOOOOOAAAAAHHH!" The fireworks soared out of the room with Yuzu in tow, gliding perfectly across the halls. Kodama chased after, leaving Karin to bathe in peace.

Laundry room

"You really need to watch yourself with these fireworks." Yuzu told Kodama while pouring laundry soap in the washer, where many flashy clothes were piled. "I can't believe this many of your clothes have stains and scorch marks. If you go around wearing 'em like this, you're gonna get sick."

"That's gonna be a problem, considering my family makes and sells fireworks for a living." Kodama was sitting on the dryer, happily swinging her feet up and down. "The soot marks and colorful stains on our garb is a symbol of hard work and dedication!"

"Well, my job is to remove those symbols, not to bask in them." Yuzu closed the washer and turned it on. "The symbol of my work is spotless, fragrant, comfy-fitting clothes!"

"Y-Yeah, but..." Kodama made a sweatdrop. "You don't see me shooting fireworks in the bathroom while Karin's bathing. Don't you think you... overwork yourself a little with this job of yours? You stay up late to clean up after us, do our laundry, you're always cooking... Otherwise, you have schoolwork."

"Yeah, but who else is supposed to do all these things?"

"Our parents can wash our clothes, we can bring food from home or go to a restaurant..." Kodama reasoned.

"I read the Guide to be the Perfect Housewife and followed its directions for the sole purpose of helping my friends and family." Yuzu proclaimed determinedly. "I vowed I would fill the void left by our mother after she died, and keep our family happy the very same way she did. All of the food you eat is prepared with love, and that's far more healthy than anything those restaurants can dish out."

"Yuzu-chan..." Kodama looked sympathetically.

"Kodama, stop worrying about me." She smiled assuringly. "I just want you guys to be sooped up and prepared for the missions that come. Now, it's getting late, you should go to your room and get a good night's sleep like the others."