Chapter 23

"So we've finished the project." I tell Regina.

"I'm well aware." Regina responds back not even looking up from her computer. "And you did a great job Miss Swan, I'll be giving you a proper thank you later."

"Oh yeah? I can't wait. And ugh.. I don't have a reason to work here everyday." I say and she finally looks up at me.

"I can find you something permanent."

"That's okay.. I already applied for something."

"Really? What's that?"

"Deputy Sheriff."

"A cop?? You want to be a cop?" She ask as she gets up from her desk.

"That's been my dream job."

"You never said anything."

"I wasn't sure I would find a spot this fast and they just called me."

"Okay. Is it here in Boston?" She takes off her glasses and ask.

"No.. Storybook Maine."

"I'm sorry? Did you just say Maine?"

"Regina when they told me where it was I didn't take it.. I'm waiting to see if they can transfer me here.. Besides, I got enough money to survive off of."

"Well if you need help I'm willing to pay your bills and.."

"Hell no," I quickly say.

"Emma, we're dating.. I can help you."

"Thank you, but no thank you.. I love you but I can handle my own bills babe."

"You'll tell me if you need help right?"

"(Laughs) Babe.. I'm fine."

"Okay. Whatever you say." She gets mad and walk back around her desk.

"Regina I.."

"I said it was fine Emma.." She says and I walk over to her door and lock it. "What are you doing?" She asks.

"Get up Regina. Come sit with me." I say.

"This is not a time to have sex and.."

"Who said anything about fucking?" I ask with a raised eyebrow. "But if you want to I would be more than willing to bend your ass over that desk... But in all honesty I did call you over here to talk."

"O.. Okay.." She whispers. And she comes to sit beside me.

"I appreciate you trying to help me.. I really do, but I'm okay, I promise."

"Okay." She whispers without looking at me.

"(Laughs) Regina will it make you feel better if you knew how much money I got?" I smile at her and she looks at me. "Okay.." I say pulling out my phone. "Well, let's see Ugh.. I got $987 million in my bank account here in New York.. $767 million at my bank account that I made to take care of my mom.. Speaking of, I need to see if she needs help with it and.. Oh shit."

"What's wrong?" She asks.

"Ugh.. Christina started a trust fund for Henry before he was born. I didn't think of it until now because she started it when she's he was 4 months pregnant and I never thought of it again." I say with tears in my eyes.

"Hey.. Emma.. What's wrong?"

"She counted on me to look after him and let's not forget about her stupid ass parents who didn't give a shit about her or Henry.." I get up walking back and forth in the office.

"Emma come sit down."

"Now I got a 18 year old son who doesn't know me and that fuck me up for years Regina.. Not being there for him and not holding him.. I'm so grateful for you Regina.. You raised him to be everything Christina wanted.. And I could never repay you for all you've done.. But I will give this to you.. I reach in my backpack and grab a check book. I wrote her a check for the money Christina had drafted into the account. "The account Christina drafted out of was her college fund money. She got everything switch over to a different bank. One that was separate from her parents and she wanted to make sure he was well taking care of, which clearly he is." I hand her check and she looks at me with her mouth wide open. "What's wrong?" I ask.

"This is.. This is ugh.. Wow."

"Yeah.. It's been drafting for almost 19 years."

"$850 million dollars Emma.. I will not except this."

"You just tried to offer and pay my bills, why can't I do the same.. That's for Henry."

"You don't need to pay me for raising him."

"I'm not.. Christina had that drafted specifically for him.. I'm glad I thought about it.. If not it would have been. Siting there."

"I can't give this much money to a teenager."

"Then put it in the bank.. I don't want it." I say walking to the door.

"Where are you going?"

"I need to see Jasmine.. If you need me.. I'll be there."

"Are you okay?"

"No.. But I will be when I see Jasmine."

"I see." She says with a sad look.

"Heys it's not like that.. Of course you make you happy.. I'm okay when I look into those beautiful brown eyes of yours.. It's just I need Jasmine for something else."

"You mean sex?"

"(Laughs) What??? Regina.. If you must know.. I was talking about Weed.. I need to get high.. I haven't smoked in four days.. I'm stressed right now."

"Oh.. Right.. Yeah I don't smoke."

"I'm aware."

"But look.. We need to talk about this new job offer.. Tonight at my place?"

"How about my place instead?? I have plans and I don't want the Children to hear us."

"Mmm.. I can't wait."

"Me either." I rush out of her office and call Jasmine.

"Hello." She answers.

"Roll one.. I'm on my way.. No.. Roll two."

"I'll be here."

"Thanks."