Oh no

Nicklaus P.O.V

"The alpha is ready to see you." Finally, I have been waiting for an hour.

"Thank you, ma'am." She smiled at me and showed me through the door.

"Wait right here, he will be here in a moment." I just smiled at her again and then she left.

I waited another minute or two until an older man about the age my father would have been at if he were still here. I felt a pan of sadness in my heart, but I pushed past it and got up to shake his hand.

I put my hand out to shake him and he just stood their shell shocked. I cleared my throat, and he blinked a couple of time before shaking my hand.

"I am so sorry you just look like your mom so much. You have her green eyes." I just looked at him, I didn't know what to say.

He must have seen my shock because he said the last thing I would have expected.

"I was your father's and mother's beata." I just stood there. Did I hear him right?

"After your father.... Well past you were way too young to take over as alpha and your aunt didn't want to be Luna and neither did your uncle because he was head warrior."

"Wow, I have no idea what to say, so thanks that means a lot." I smiled at him

"I know that you are here to take over for Alpha, but I think you should see something first." I nodded and followed him.

He led me down the hall. We took a right and stopped in front of a room he opened. It was my parents' old room; I could tell because it had their last name above the bed. Coalton. My last name is Coalton.

After seeing the room, he brought me to a closet he brought down a box with my name on it.

He handed it to me, and I sat down on the bed, and he sat in front of me in a chair. In the box were three photos as well as a note from my mom.

Dear son,

I have been in the hospital for a while now, after the rogue attack I haven't been able to heal right so I have been stuck in a bed and I can feel that I am not going to live. But that would leave you alone without a mother and it's a hard life without a mom, I don't know how that feels but that doesn't mean that it doesn't hurt me any less. When you find this, I think your dad has not arrived so that left you alone in the world and I am sorry. I love you son, don't ever forget that. Find love and find a way to forgive us.

Love you unconditionally,

Mom.

After reading the note I looked at every detail of the writing, like the curving of the letters. When I was done, I put it back in the box and put it on the bed.

"What can I do to get the alpha passion back?" I asked if I just knew this was what I was meant to do with my life.

"Become a part of the pack and I will step down as alpha but you're going to have to wait until your next birthday, sense your seventeen."

"Thank you, sir." I nodded to him, and we got up from the bed and left the room. As I passed the front lady I waved and said have a good day. Just as I was at the door Olive and Cressa barged through the door.

"ALPHA...... WE NEED THE ALPHA IT'S AN EMERGENCY." Olive yelled.

The Alpha came running.

"What is it, girls?" He said a little out of breath.

"IT'S..." They said out of breath as well. "SCARLETT AND HER DAD HURY." THAT BASTARD! He probably hurt her again.

"Take me to her." I didn't even realize I said that until they looked at me. "NOW... Please."

With that we ran to her. There she was laying on the ground unchosen in a cemetery. I put the blanket over her and lifted her up. She was covered in blood, and she had deep cuts on her arm and legs.

Her father was a few feet away barely breathing. But he is still a part of the pack. So, I had the other two men that followed us carry him to the hospital.

As I was running to the pack doctor, she woke up, "Nick? What are you doing?"

"Don't worry about it, just go back to sleep but stay with me, ok?" I said with tears in my eyes. She was a woman that I am falling for and I shouldn't because I will find my mate in less than a year.

I got to the doctor, and she took her from me and kicked me out.

"Sir you can't come in here you aren't family." She said sympathetically.

"Ok but I am the first to know when I can visit her, am I understood?"

"Yes Sir." And with that she went to go help Scarlett leaving me hoping she stays alive for me and her friends.

~Authers Note~ 

Why are you still here?