Shocked

Nicklaus P.O.V

I woke up after that bad dream of Scarlett dying to a knock at my door. When I open it, I see Scarlett standing there? Instead of saying something I hugged her to my body.

"Are you ok? Are you hurt anywhere? Why were you gone for so long?" I said, finally letting her go and letting her breathe again. "I thought that I was never going to see you again, that's not ok. I-I thought that you died." She just looked at me. I saw a tear slip off her face and then she fell to her knees crying.

"Hey...Hey it's ok." I said cooed her. She grabbed my shoulders like there was no tomorrow.

She started to shake her head then she passed out. I carried her into the house and locked the door. I laid her on the couch and sat in the armchair beside the couch.

An hour later she woke up, she started to look around the room and then saw me sitting there waiting, hopping for her to wake up soon.

Once she sat up, she looked at me with that breathtaking smile of hers. After looking at me for a few seconds something went across her face like she remembered something and then looked down at her hands.

"I have to leave, and I am not coming back anytime soon." She said with a heavy sigh. I looked at her like she said that her head was going to explode.

"Um no, you're not-you're not leaving me and your friends behind. If it's something that I did I'm sorry please don't leave."

"Yes, I am. I am sorry. I already talked to my teachers, and they said that I am eligible to graduate early if it's what I want and I do. I already talked to everyone else, you're the last to talk to." She said sadly.

"Well, I don't care if King Kong came after me for not letting you go, you're not going and that's final. I said with a tough tone.

"You can't and won't stop me Nicklaus and that's final." she said irritated.

"What if I don't want you to go? I want you... I want you here with me. You can't go." I was on the urge of falling to the ground and crying with tears falling to the floor where the carpet will soaked them up like they were never there in the first place. 

"Hey look at me." She said, grabbing my face. "I am not leaving for the rest of our lives, but I am going to be gone for a long time." You say it like it's nothing to you, what about me Scarlett and my feelings? I asked in my head.

"If that's what you want then go." I said, I have to stop feeling bad for myself and go to rescue her if she doesn't want it. I stand from the chair and walk to the door.

"I understand." She said getting up from the couch.

"But you don't, that's my problem Scarlett, you say you like me and then you like me more than friends and then we both agree to not go farther than that because I am going to find my mate soon. That was never a good excuse, and I am sorry. But if you don't want to be here anymore then there's the door.

"Ok." Is all she said. Once she got to the door I stopped her.

I pushed her to the wall and pinned her wrists beside her hips and looked into her eyes and said, "I understand if you want to leave but let me ask you something. Why are you leaving?" I said looking into her eyes.
"I can't." She looked down in regret. I just sighed in defeat.

"Ok." is all I said to her. I leaned down and kissed her. She didn't respond for a second then she did, and it lasted for a minute before she broke it. By unlocking the door, opening it and out the door without another word to me.

I slid down the wall. I put my face in my hands and cried with all I had. She was gone and it was my fault I did something. What if she doesn't come back? All of these what if's came to mind.

I realized that right then and there that I only had a month to graduate. And that I wasn't going to see her for a very long time, and I knew this as a fact. But I stopped caring and asked myself this question. Why did she leave?

~Authers Note~ 

How was your day? You have a nice smile by the way just wanted you to know.