Relieved

Nicklaus P.O.V

I woke up to a tap on my shoulder. "Excuse me sir, are you here for Scarlett carter?" I nodded and stood up from the chair. "Well, you follow me please?" We started down the hallway and the doctor led me into a room where Scarlett was sleeping peaceful.

I let go of a breath that I thought that I would never be able to let go of. "Thank you." I spoke.

"No problem, just let me know when she wakes up, please." I nodded in agreement; with that she left me in peace with the woman I was falling for. But I know I can't like her because I will find my mate in nine months, and I will also become alpha.

I walked to the other side of the hospital room and sat down on a chair next to bed and grabbed her hand and stared at her.

"I don't know if you can hear me, but I want you to know that after dad heals the alpha is going to kick him out of the pack, so you don't have to worry about him anymore." As I said this, I started to feel like it was my fault, if I would have just stayed with her and checked up on her when she was gone this wouldn't have happened.

I started to cry a little bit between losing my two best friends, worrying about my aunt, Scarlett, and finding the letter from my mother; I am finally broken.

I must have been crying for ten minutes before I heard my phone go off.

'Hello' I said.

'Hey, it's me...' he stopped, and I heard some else yell in the background. 'And me... Gee. spread the love I feel lonely.' I just chuckled at my best friends Casper, and Stellan.

'You guys will never grow up will you.' I just shook my head.

'No, we will not' I just laughed at that one.

'Was there a reason why you guys' call' I knew they called for a reason because they only ever want something. (Kidding.... Little bit).

'Ya...Umm...'

'Spit it out already.' I said, urging them on.

'Can we join your pack because this one has a new alpha, and he doesn't do his job right.' This was news to me. "He also let go of your aunt's mate and we haven't seen her in a few days we are worried about her man.'

'Let me call her and if she doesn't answer, look for me please, we will talk about you joining the pack later right now my aunt needs me.'

'Yes sir.' with that they hung up the phone.

As soon as I got off the phone with the boys, I called my aunt.

By the third ring she picked up the phone.

'Hello?' she said, I sighed relieved.

'Hey, I was worried about you. The boys said that they let Richard out and I called to see if you were ok."  I spoke.

'Ya I'm ok.' I let go of another breath.

'I don't want you down there anymore, leave him and come move down here with me. But move down here closer to my birthday because there would be no point in waiting for a long time." I waited for a beat. 'I don't care what your excuse is, you're moving down here no matter what.' I said firmly.

'Ok, I will.' I stood there shocked I was not expecting that.

'Ok... Good to see you soon then. Love you don't you forget that.'

'I won't sweetheart, love you too. Goodbye.'

'Goodbye.' with that she hung up.

I made my way to the bed and sat down in the chair. I looked over to see beautiful green eyes staring at me. I couldn't stop once it started. She sat up and pulled me to her chest. There were teardrops where my head rested. I wrapped my arms around her waist and just laid there with neither of us talking.

I knew three things right then and there.

One: I had to take care of the family I have left.

Two: There was no way I could stop feelings for her, and I have to stop, because what if I hurt her and will find my mate soon.

Three: That whatever happens next, I will always protect her with all I had.

~Authers Note~

I see that you are still here, whatever I warned you.