It's for the best

Scarlett P.O.V

I had to leave before the kiss changed my mind to stay. I have been running my whole life whether it be to my sister, friends, or running from myself or running from my family. But those times I was afraid or fighting for my family that I had left.

I was walking down the stairs when I remembered what Scott said to me. 'Stay away from all of them then I won't kill them one by one with you watching.' But then I asked him, 'Why do you care so much about them when they did nothing to you? Why are you so concerned about who I hang out with if you're never a father to care for me?' I said to him.

After that I walked away from it all because I can't do it anymore. I have to stay away from them because I knew that Scott would go after them.

I just need to leave town, come back on his birthday and leave again. When Fraya died, I went into wolf form for two days because I was so mad that Scott had killed her. Just because she was rude to me and didn't respect me, she apologized to me and that meant the world to me but now I am alone again in the world.

I was at my car door, when I felt someone behind me. "What if I don't want you to leave? What can I do to convince you to stay with me?" He said behind me.

"Nothing." I got in my car and looked at him one last time before I turned the key in the ignition and left him standing there with a sad look on his face.

I got to the stop light and saw a wolf in the woods knowing it was Nick. I waved and watched the light turn green and the wolf followed me until it couldn't keep up anymore.

I rolled down the window and screamed out the window and said, "I will be there at your graduation." I rolled up the window, and heard a wolf howl a goodbye.

I cried most of the way to North Carolina State University. feeling alone in the world for the hundredth time in my life.

Time flies by when you think of her

Nicklaus P.O.V

It has been a month since the last time I saw Scarlett and there has not been a day that goes by that I don't think about her. After chasing her in her car all I have been thinking about is the words she said to me, 'I will be there at your graduation.' There is only one more month until graduation, and that's when I get to see her.

I always wished I could have gotten her to stay that way so she could have graduated with us and not by herself with no party. I always wondered two things. One: Why did she leave like that? And two: Why did she leave? Or. What made her leave like that?

~TWO WEEKS LATER~

Sitting down after making dinner I hear a knock at the door. I just sat down really. I get up and walk to the door.

I open it looking at the ground only to look up and see a crying Caressa. "Hey what's wrong?" I asked her with worthy lacing my voice. She fell to the floor crying. I ran to her and scooped her into my arms and cooed her until she settled down crying.

"It's Scarlett, she is in the hospital." I stared at her and what she said like she spoke another language.

I picked her up and carried her to my car, I put her in the passenger's seat and buckled her up. I got in the car and started the car. "Which hospital?" I asked her and she looked at me for a few seconds and then remembered herself.

"The one on the 56 highway." I nodded my head in understanding and left the parking lot.

I got out of the car and ran to the door and found the front desk. "What room is Scarlett Carter in?" I asked out of breath.

"She is in room 256 on the second floor." She responded.

"Thanks." I said.

"Hey sir you can't go up there, she doesn't want to be seen by anyone."

"I don't care, I love her." I didn't get to hear the rest of what she said because I was in the elevator up to her room and no one was going to get in my way.

I went to the sound floor longer than it needed to take so I just ran to the 200's hallway looking for room 256.

"Room...248... NO... 250... No... 253... No.... 256.. Yes finally." I open the door and see her laying in her bed looking out the window.

She must have heard me because she looked at me and then looked away. "You shouldn't be here. I don't want any visitors." She spoke.

"Too bad I won't leave you alone, until you tell me what the hell happened to you and why you would ever want to do that to yourself." I said in a frustrated tone.

She sighed while closing her eyes. "Close the door, I will tell you everything." And without another second I closed the door, pulled a chair next to her bed and she spilled everything and even a few tears.

~Authers Note~

Have a good day, or hope you had a good day.