We can only break so much Pt.1

Nicklaus P.O.V

It's been months since Scarlett left, everything has changed, and I don't know if it's for the best. The girls have barely talked to me, Caressa, has found her mate. Stellan, I am happy for them. Casper has found his mate and it was Lexi.

I was shocked at first but then it made sense because when I was around her, she was never really there, but neither was I. I was thinking about Scar or about Alpha work. I felt hurt that one of my future wolves lied to me.

Now I am happy because she is with her real mate and Sacr can be my real mate.

~One month later~

It's now my birthday and the day I become an official alpha. I am hoping to see Scarlett today, so I can see if she is really my mate. I walked up to Caressa to see if she knew if Scarlett was here or not.

"Caressa, have you seen Scarlett today yet?" She shook her head.

"No, sorry not yet anyway. You might want to talk to Olive, she will know." I said, 'thank you' and left.

I walked down the hallway and outside where she was sitting against a tree and looking up at the sky. Her amber eyes and tan skin shining with the sun out.

She looked at me and shook her head and smiled, looking at her lap she looked up at me again and said, "She isn't here yet, and won't be until later tonight, when we all get ready to leave for the run. I think about an hour before anyway."

I think my heart skipped a beat when I thought about Scarlett being here again...... With me.

It was about an hour until the run, and she was still not here. Ten minutes later there was a mango and rose sent and it filled my nose and made my mouth water. Then I see Scarlett walking outside in an emerald, green dress that complemented her green eyes.

She opened the sliding door and stepped out on the porch. Walked through the crowd with difficulty but managed to get outside to her. When I got outside, she wasn't there, and the scent was completely gone like it was never there in the first place. Was this the dream like I had that one time where I thought she died?

As I was looking for the girls I heard an ear-piercing scream, it was Caressa. I made a run for her, but I couldn't get through the crowd. "Olive, Caressa what's going on?" There was no response. "MOVE." As soon as I said it, they moved out of my way so I could get to them.

What I saw when I went there was the one thing I never want to see again for the rest of my life. Olive lay next to Caressa next to her crying.

They looked up at me and said the thing that broke me. "She's gone. She.... She's.... Died." I don't remember what happened next but when I woke up, I saw a bright light and then nothing.

~Auther note~

Look, please don't cry ok. Something good is going to happen promise.