How can I live with myself now?

Nicks P.O.V

It was graduation day, and I was upset with the fact that she was not here. She said that she would. I found my "mate" last week. But she doesn't seem like my mate. When she is around me, she will look at guys but won't let me be around Olive and Caressa let alone any other girl.

I pull up to my parking lot for the last time. I get my hat and my robe and walk into the school. I walk down the hall where her locker is and stand in front of it.

I must have been there a while because Olive came around the corner. She stopped next to me and looked at the locker with me. "She is here." I didn't comprehend what she said so I stood there still sad.

"Hey, look at me." I turned to face her when I saw Scarlett round the corner. I gently moved Olive out of the way and ran at her. She looked at me and her face lit up.

"I told you I would be here." I picked her up and hugged her, not letting her go.

"Ya, but you left again." I said putting her down but still holding her to me.

"I can't stay, and you know that." I.... Why can't she just stay? I miss her.

"Why?" I said disappointed. She just shook her head and smiled at me with that beautiful smile of hers.

"Look I will talk about it later, ok? Because right now is your night so I see you graduate." She walked off.

~~~Hour later~~~~

"Nicklaus Rode Colton, good luck in life we all know you are a strong person at heart." With that I grabbed my plaque and took a picture with one of the principles and went off the stage. I was tackled with a hug and a kiss on the check, but it wasn't Scarlett. I looked for her everywhere, but she wasn't there.

I pulled Lexi off me and excused myself and went looking for Scarlett. I rounded the corner just for my phone to go off. I looked at the caller ID and it was unknown.

'Hello? Who is this?'

'Hello, is this Nicklaus?' It was a male's voice.

'Yes, who is this?' I was getting pretty upset this is taking longer than needed.

'I am sorry your aunt passed away in a car crash.' I stopped breathing. I ran out into the woods to the clearing and fell to the ground howling, with all the pain that was being held in.

Then I started crying, I don't remember stopping when I heard someone come up behind me yelling my name.

~Authers note~

Sorry.