Chapter 19

I'm so stupid. I thought I've published this chapter ʕ´• ᴥ•̥'ʔ

"Taehyung, can I have a word with your hyung, alone?"

"Why alone? Is there anything I can't listen to?" Taehyung asked, eyebrows raised up.

"No there's nothing, Taehyung." Seokjin pushed his glasses up, "But I'm sure your hyung is more comfortable without your presence."

Taehyung pokes his inner cheek with his tongue after hearing Seokjin's statement. He was about to snap at Seokjin, but when his eyes met Seokjin's one, he hesitated.

"Sure. You can talk with him." Taehyung replied and Jungkook widened his eyes in disbelief.

"Great." Seokjin said. He watched Taehyung put Jungkook down on another chair. The male then walked away, leaving Seokjin and Jungkook alone at the dining table.

"Hello." Seokjin softly greeted out.

Jungkook stared at the handsome male with his wide doe eyes, "Who are you?" He asked carefully.

"I am..." Seokjin hesitated for a second, then opened his mouth to speak, "Taehyung's friend."

Jungkook bites his lips, "You're not a bad guy right?"

"What do you think?" Seokjin asked and Jungkook scanned him from head to toes.

Seokjin was wearing a turtleneck sweater, a white coat wrapped around his body and he's holding a brown working bag. He looks totally harmless, but for what Jungkook had experienced, he learned not to judge a book by its cover.

But right now, Seokjin looks like the only one who can save Jungkook.

Well, at least that's what Jungkook thought.

"Take me away." Jungkook whispered out, almost inaudible to Seokjin. He reached his hands out to clutch Seokjin's coat, "Please, take me away from here. I don't want to stay here anymore. I can give you anything in return, I just don't want to face him anymore."

Seokjin is a wise man, for sure he knows whose Jungkook was talking about.

"No." Seokjin said in a firm tone, yanking off Jungkook's hold.

Jungkook tilted his head up, meeting Seokjin's cold hard gaze, "W-Why? Oh right, if you take me with you, he will definitely kill you-" "He won't."

Seokjin interrupted Jungkook. "The reason I won't help you to escape is, I want you to stay with Taehyung, no matter how badly he treats you." He said plainly.

Jungkook's eyes widened, his mouth went open. His brain processed what he should say, but he ended up only asking a 'why'.

"Because you're the only one who can keep him alive. He will die without you, so you can't escape from him. I want him to stay alive."

Jungkook let out a small laugh after Seokjin's statement. Hope that glistened in his eyes just now disappeared, "All of you were crazy... You're just the same as Taehyung."

"Who are you to say we're crazy?" Seokjin asked. Though his tone is plain, anger could be heard in it.

"Then who are you to decide how my life should be?!" Jungkook yelled, "Why should I be the one who keeps Taehyung alive? Why me?!"

"He likes you, loves you, that's why." Seokjin replied.

"Don't you think it's unfair to me?" Jungkook asked, tears filled up in his eyes as he placed his hand on his chest, "I am supposed to have a normal life, not getting locked up and do things I don't want here. Why me? Don't you think you all are selfish?"

"Do you think it's fair for Taehyung too?" Seokjin asked, bending down as he placed his hands on each side of the chair that Jungkook's sitting on, "I've seen how vulnerable he was and I promised myself not to see that sight anymore."

The corner of Seokjin's eyes were red, "I promised myself to do everything to keep him alive, after what he had gone through. You said we are selfish," Seokjin gritted out, "What about you? You want a normal life and this will make Taehyung die. You want freedom for your own, you're really selfish too, right?"

"Don't make me agree with all of your stupid talking." Jungkook turned his head, averting his gaze from the male.

"It's okay if you don't agree." Seokjin grabbed Jungkook's chin, "You just need to stay obedient, stay right beside Taehyung."

"You're not just Taehyung's friend right?" Jungkook asked as he glared at Seokjin.

"None of your business." Seokjin spat out. He lets Jungkook go, backing away until he has a good distance with Jungkook.

"I hope you won't do anything stupid, Mr Jeon Jungkook." Seokjin bowed, "Even if you did, we will personally catch you back and destroy you."

Jungkook let out a bitter chuckle, "I'd rather die then."

"We have ways to keep you alive." Seokjin stated, "Until then, rest well, stay obedient and follow Taehyung's words. Make him happy, he might turn normal after that."

"See you next time, Mr Jeon."

Jungkook felt shivers run down his spine after Seokjin bidding goodbye to him. He gritted his teeth, standing up from the chair as he walked forward. He wanted to grab Seokjin's coat and give him a punch, but his legs gave out before he could do so.

His legs wobbled as he landed on the soft carpet. He whimpered, eyes again getting wet.

He hates how weak he is.

Seokjin turned around when he heard a loud thud. He eyed Jungkook who's sitting on the floor crying, gaze still cold.

He held an expressionless face, lips curved up as he shook his head a little. He walked away without hesitation, not giving a care to the male on the floor.

Jungkook is just a medicine to cure Taehyung, and Seokjin gives no care to plain, tasteless medicine.